I might be trading my dirt bike for a 2001 kawasaki ninja 500r. My question is, is it a good starter bike for me? Am I too big? Im about 6'1 and 250 (losing weight and I wont be riding much until next spring). I'm not too worried about power, I just want a street bike, and I don't want it to feel like its a mini bike lol. The guy is emailing me pics and directions tomorrow i'll post pics when I get them.

Edited by BassJunkie

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

They (along with the Ninja 250r), are one of the best starter bikes out there. Great gas mileage, great handling, etc. One hell of a lot easier to fix a mistake on than on a bigger bike (ie, hitting a bump and accidentally grabbing a handful of throttle.. etc...).

Getting loud on a budget. Impossible? We shall see!

95 Chevy Blazer

Pioneer DEH-6700MP

RF T10001BD

AA Havoc 18"

??

yeah, ninja 500's are definately good bikes and great starter bikes. But do to your size and having experience with dirt bikes, I would look at a couple other options as well, starting with the SV650's.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

yeah, ninja 500's are definately good bikes and great starter bikes. But do to your size and having experience with dirt bikes, I would look at a couple other options as well, starting with the SV650's.

I'm wanting something bigger for sure, but the thing is, I traded a $50 car that I had nothing in and $100 cash for a $2000 dirt bike (lady was in a tight spot) and this guy wants to trade me his rocket for it so I want to start on this thing for sure if it isn't too little for me. I'm very excited to be getting a rocket. Maybe next year I can upgrade towards the end of the summer onto something bigger.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

definately a good starter bike. reliable, easy to fix, and very very forgiving. Plus it's one of those bikes you can push to it's absolute limit and learn how to control it, and apply that to a bigger bike. I rode one last summer and its a fun little bike, nothing extreme, but its nice. Then i hopped on a street drop, stunt gears, full cage/slider. worked out cbr 1000cc (no the 1000, 989 or something, like an '01 model) and almost killed myself, pulled a wheelie with just rolling on the throttle for the first 3 gears.

IMO, get the 500, learn the ins and outs, and trade in for something bigger when you're comfortable with that

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

looks good, great bike start on, i like to tell new folks to the biking realm is practice the pickin up from the side just in case. and BE CAREFUL. there is inconsiderate Sons of Bi#@hes on the road. and congrats and good luck

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

Definately doing it, it was stored indoors, but the guy lost the key and is taking it to the dealer to get a new ignition put on or something like that. Only thing that was holding me back was insurance, I was VERRRY worried about it but progressive will cover me 12 months for $150 for liability, and uninsured motorist which is VERY reasonable in my opinion. Im very excited to be getting a bike, I just hate the fact its starting to get cold and i'm just now getting one.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps