Multiple Alternator Question

I have my dual alternator bracket on the way right now. My plan was to do dual stock alts with my setup but a guy on the forum is selling a 380 amp alt. I was wondering if it would be a better idea to stick with the dual stock alts or do one stock and one 380 amp. what do you guys think?

Hummer H2

(8) Crossfire XS V2 15's

(4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s

(16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange

http://www.youtube.com/Owners1

I am currently running an Atomic 5000.1 and that's pretty much all the power I am ever going to need. Also, I have two odyssey pc2150 batteries in the back

Hummer H2

(8) Crossfire XS V2 15's

(4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s

(16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange

http://www.youtube.com/Owners1

I am currently running an Atomic 5000.1 and that's pretty much all the power I am ever going to need. Also, I have two odyssey pc2150 batteries in the back

Actually, running two units like that is a good choice. Most alternators rated over 200 amps do not put out squat at idle. Your stock unit will still have good idle output.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

first off all much does your stock alt do at idle vs the HO alt?? if the HO does the same as the stock alt then i'd get the HO. at least you know you'll get more amps tapping the gas a little. get that MLA module too. (wink at MLA)

Edited by dmanson

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Guest Just_Rob
I have my dual alternator bracket on the way right now. My plan was to do dual stock alts with my setup but a guy on the forum is selling a 380 amp alt. I was wondering if it would be a better idea to stick with the dual stock alts or do one stock and one 380 amp. what do you guys think?

Unless it's for competition only use, or occasional heavy use go with 2 *stock* alternators.... I tell people the same thing all the time, there isn't one alternator currently available for automotive use that will outperform 2 145 stock alternators in a dual alternator system.... We do a lot of dual 190/160 amp *stock* setups on the GM's and that setup will do 260-270 amps at idle.... There is NO comparision when choosing single alt versus dual alts, duals win in every way.... Rob

As for alts for upgrade talk to "just_rob" on here he has sent us some alts to test out. First off they are top knoch quality (NO WAI BS parts), good solid construction , and he is honest and straight forward. We will of course bench test, and HUMMER test them before we give our stamp of approval. We get asked all the time what alternator we recommend for best performance and stock has been the answer so far. We will test these bad boys and see what they can do. If the performance matches the build quality , look out!!! We will keep everyone posted for sure.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

As for alts for upgrade talk to "just_rob" on here he has sent us some alts to test out. First off they are top knoch quality (NO WAI BS parts), good solid construction , and he is honest and straight forward. We will of course bench test, and HUMMER test them before we give our stamp of approval. We get asked all the time what alternator we recommend for best performance and stock has been the answer so far. We will test these bad boys and see what they can do. If the performance matches the build quality , look out!!! We will keep everyone posted for sure.

MLA

Im all ears chris. ..keep me posted