I downloaded the audacity for my mac :)

i've kinda started to use it and was just wondering how you boost the bass in songs.(bigpimpin91 has boosted a few songs for me in the past)

my version of air forces wasn't very bassy so i imported that into audacity and i selected the song and went into effect and selected bass boost. it came up with the DB and frequency, i put the frequency to 34 Hz, and to 12 db bass boost.

is this how it is suppose to be done on there or am i doing it wrong?

btw i chhecked to see if the song was clipping and i don't think it was, and after the bass bosst it still doesn't look like it's clipping. i could be wrong but by the looks of bigpimpin's tutorial in the stickies i think i am ok :)

cheers and if any one could kinda do a few tutorials on audacity jus like big pimpin's in the stickie that would be awesome :D

like if a song is clippin how to stop it clippin boosting the bass, vocals jus basic stuff like that would be awesome :)

Thanks.

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I downloaded the audacity for my mac :)sweet

i've kinda started to use it and was just wondering how you boost the bass in songs.(bigpimpin91 has boosted a few songs for me in the past) bigpimpin also uses an osciloscope on the computer to check for clippin... this is another tool to verify that u didnt over-boost the bass into clipping

my version of air forces wasn't very bassy so i imported that into audacity and i selected the song and went into effect and selected bass boost. it came up with the DB and frequency, i put the frequency to 34 Hz, and to 12 db bass boost. if your version wasnt very bassy get another version... there is nothing better than the song from the cd ripped onto ur computer... dl versions are almost always worse... if not all the time..... airforces peaks at 41hz to so boosting at 34 isnt going to help.... and thats prolly why u didnt see clipping yet... cause i didnt add enough to the actuall peak

highlight less than 23 seconds of the song where u want to find the note... go to plot spectrum... change to log and 16384... scroll cursor over plot til it says peak at the bottom... thats how u find the peak

is this how it is suppose to be done on there or am i doing it wrong?

i never... and i repeat never... add more than 3-6db bass boost to any song... if theres not enough bass and u cant find a better copy, leave it at that... no use in adding distortion to a song

btw i chhecked to see if the song was clipping and i don't think it was, and after the bass bosst it still doesn't look like it's clipping. i could be wrong but by the looks of bigpimpin's tutorial in the stickies i think i am ok :)zoom in 10 times at least and if the blue line extends beyond the defined area of data... or theres flat/saw tooth waves... be careful.. cause u prolly looking at clipping... but its much easier to see why the song is playing on an osciliocope like the one found on windows media player... go to visualizations... bars and waves... then choose scope

cheers and if any one could kinda do a few tutorials on audacity jus like big pimpin's in the stickie that would be awesome :D

like if a song is clippin how to stop it clippin boosting the bass, vocals jus basic stuff like that would be awesome :)

if a song already has clipping... theres not much to do but lower the amplitude (amplify option under effects and go negative instead of positive) of all levels of all notes until the sub-bass peak is within the data range and itsnt clippin... word of advice... delete any songs u have with clipping and find the real copies... i cant stress that enough...

even commercially available cds have slight split second clipping.... which is ok... but anything more than ~.1seconds is going to cause excessive heat and a muddy, indistinct bass note far from the way it is suppose to sound

hope that helps

Thanks.

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Spot on....but turning down the amplification doesn't really fix the clipping problem I don't think b/c even though the wave isn't peaking it still has saturation. If I wrong someone please correct me.

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

WOW! Thanks for such a great reply sir :)

That should help me learn to use audacity better.........BTW that Air Forces song is the original from the CD, and i tried to open up air forces in WMP but it wouldn't open and i looked and i couldn't see any where the Visualisation part or anything , my version is pretty old and probly won't be able to get a much better one cus i have a mac lol.

oh and basically if i want to boost a song i need to find the 'peak' frequency and boost it at that yea? :) your instructions on finding the peak was spot on!!

Thankyou :)

x

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

right click in the now playing windown where the visualization plays/album cover shows up

there should be a menu... and if you dont have wmp 10 u should get it... i use it on a regular basis

if the file is itunes or real player it wont open it... so it depends what program u uploaded it with

make sure ur ripping the cd at 192kbps or above

and yes... to boost a song u find the peak and boost at there and only there.. and try not to boost multiple notes in one song as the slopes of the boost overlap since u cant change the q

TeamSundown-sig.jpg