Second Skin Audio

Anybody Who Knows About Fi Audio! Helpp Please

that setup will be fine, but going straight into a huge system like that, as your first system that is, is pretty risky if you dont know what your doing.

what he means by dont go by peak power, is that peak doesnt mean sheet. its just a number.

ex: xplod's are rated at something like 1300w max/peak, and 300rms. if you try to run 1300rms to it, when you think it'll work, the xplod will fry in a few seconds or just tear itself apart.

what everyone else said, you do need a hefty electrical system which would cost quite alot if your prepared for it.

but if it all works out for you, which im sure it will, itll be f*ckin LOUD.

Edited by Krannyman92

could somebody explain wiring "Big 3" to me?

thanks for the help everybody.

look on the forum where it states for the electrical and thier should be a VERY good explanation on it

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

one 12 inch BTL and a sundown 3000d is all good and dandy but ain't nothing if you don't have the proper electrical. i'm suggesting at least a 200+ amp alternator, nothing less than 1/0 power/ground wire, and a couple good batteries such as powermaster, kinetik, stinger and a few others. treat your audio products right and they'll last a long time.

Edited by dmanson

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

If you're going to learn one thing from here, it's to do stuff right the first time.

new batt under the hood (something like a powermaster 5100, kinetic 1400/1800) 200+ amp alt, big 3 in 0 (charge line from alt to positive, ground from batt to chassis, and batt to rear batt) and then something like powermaster d3100/kinetic hc2400 in rear, two if you can.

Really read through here and do everything right, build the box right, tune everything right, etc. Higher end stuff is a bit more finiky and a lot less forgiving, and i'm sure you don't want to blow your expensive new toy up.

And yes, all that stuff is expensive, but completely necessary, you gotta pay to play.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

If you're going to learn one thing from here, it's to do stuff right the first time.

new batt under the hood (something like a powermaster 5100, kinetic 1400/1800) 200+ amp alt, big 3 in 0 (charge line from alt to positive, ground from batt to chassis, and batt to rear batt) and then something like powermaster d3100/kinetic hc2400 in rear, two if you can.

Really read through here and do everything right, build the box right, tune everything right, etc. Higher end stuff is a bit more finiky and a lot less forgiving, and i'm sure you don't want to blow your expensive new toy up.

And yes, all that stuff is expensive, but completely necessary, you gotta pay to play.

thank you that was helpful, i am completely aware of what im getting my self into :)

Save 20% off your order at

WWW.KARMALOOP.COM

Enter the REPcode: KF17429

---------------------------------------------------

kloop12rb7.jpg

please explain to me mann?

are you suggesting a new battery?

like has been mentioned...i'd get a H/O alternator, and definitely upgrade the battery under the hood. as big as you can. perhaps add a second battery.

that setup will be fine, but going straight into a huge system like that, as your first system that is, is pretty risky if you dont know what your doing.

x2. those speakers are rated at 2000 watts RMS, and if you dont know what you're doing, i'd be careful about putting 3kw to it. it can handle it, yes, but be careful. i'd build the box on the smaller side of things if you're going to give it more power.

the xplod will fry in a few seconds or just tear itself apart.

the xplod will explode :):P:D:lol::rofl:

ahem...sry

could somebody explain wiring "Big 3" to me?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=13280

that link will show you how. basically the big 3 helps better supply your car/system with power

one 12 inch BTL and a sundown 3000d is all good and dandy but ain't nothing if you don't have the proper electrical. i'm suggesting at least a 200+ amp alternator, nothing less than 1/0 power/ground wire, and a couple good batteries such as powermaster, kinetik, stinger and a few others. treat your audio products right and they'll last a long time.

x2. it'll be pricey having to get everything (batteries, alternator, possibly multiple runs of 1/0), but it takes power to make power. and power = $$$. just take your time and do it right and you'll be happy in the end :)