Second Skin Audio

Looking For A Badass 8" Subwoofer

RamenNoodles

Well this past weekend, TEAM BK opened up the challenge of "crazy 8's" which is to take 1 8" woofer, 1 battery, and 1 amp and try and see how loud you can get it.

This will be strictly SPL tuned, I could care less how it sounds otherwise. I will be using my current GP3000D Pro but greatly turned down. Probably at 4ohms which will be about 1k rms.

My car peaks at 52-53 hz so I want to tune the box around the upper 40's I do believe. Maybe even 50.

I dont want to spend much money at all on this 8" driver. So the dd1508 is out of the question. Im looking for something $70 or cheaper.

Well this past weekend, TEAM BK opened up the challenge of "crazy 8's" which is to take 1 8" woofer, 1 battery, and 1 amp and try and see how loud you can get it.

This will be strictly SPL tuned, I could care less how it sounds otherwise. I will be using my current GP3000D Pro but greatly turned down. Probably at 4ohms which will be about 1k rms.

My car peaks at 52-53 hz so I want to tune the box around the upper 40's I do believe. Maybe even 50.

I dont want to spend much money at all on this 8" driver. So the dd1508 is out of the question. Im looking for something $70 or cheaper.

but the big difference will be the vehicle........ you know there will be some bad ass enclosures, and diffrent drivers, but if i'm in an envoy and you got a crx...... duh

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Im in a 2000 Accord coupe. So its a trunk car. but yea I see what you mean about other peoples cars.

I've been pleased with my E8 sundown subs. The price is right and they seem to have good excursion potential. I'm running a mild amount of power so I don't know the exact limits.

Darvex468smd.jpg

the assain 8, is about as good as your gonna get in that price range.

to bad you cant save a little and do a dd1508..

What a woofer.

same car 2001 accord 4d i had 2 1508's 800 rms, and did a 141.x hard to beat.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I found this bad boy on OCS.

400 RMS and its only 50 bucks

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=19974

what do you think that thing could do.... like a 151-152 even, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif come on what would happen if you did put 400 watts to that thing, i think, it might just smoke...... but I have been wrong before, I believe it was a tuesday......FAIL

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Archived