Second Skin Audio

Looking For A Badass 8" Subwoofer

RamenNoodles

Your best bet is to use an old motor and find a decent basket. Find someone that makes subs and see if you can buy a cone and coil from them and make your own 8". The DD woofer isn't all that expensive either. I saw one on ebay brand new go for $120. I believe they are $160 or so brand new from DD. You could try and see if you can find any of the Sound Splinter 8's. There was a guy on Roe that had 2 of them in a Crx doing 149's. I think it was Pete Kuluki or whatever his name is. TC Sounds also made a badass 8" woofer too if you can get your hands on one. Maybe see if you can find someone with a used Kicker L7 8" you could use. It's still an 8 and will give you a bit of an advantage.

Here's a link to a DD 8 on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DD-Audio-1508-8-Inch-S...A1%7C240%3A1318

There are also plenty of L5 8's on ebay for $99 shipped and you can get 2 RE Audio 8's on there for the same price shipped too.

I just found this DD 8 too. The auction ends in 20 hours so you better hurry!!! It's at $75 right now with FREE Shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DD-8-SUBWOOFER_W0QQite...A1%7C240%3A1318

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

dd 1508's ftmfw!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

lol, i want some they look sick as hell n beefy for sutch a "lil" speaker

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

When we did Krazy 8's here the winning setup was a DD1008 in a less than 1 cube box with a 4" aeroport. Power was like 600w? Score was 143.x if I remember right, pretty damn good for an 8.

DD1508 or Kicker L7 8 are good options but then again someone did 140.x with a $20 8" 8 ohm home audio driver, 1.2 cubes, 2 4" aeros and a Fusion FCA-4000D on 16v batteries :lol:

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Id try a diamond audio D3 .. no joke 4 10" d3 on a vfl 500.1 did a 158.x on a crx for pure burps lol they handled its good for a burp so id say deff worth it .....

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=2838

There's no way that was done on the dash on the TL. Maybe on the AC on the dash or on the TL in the kick but if your saying that it was done on the dash in db drag I would like to know who did it. Cause otherwise I call :bsflag:

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived