Second Skin Audio

Looking For A Badass 8" Subwoofer

RamenNoodles

all most a positive let me look through meca site and find it Eric Balmert is the guys name i might be off a db or so let me double check it tho

No need man if it's meca I believe that score is possible. I just assume that it was db drag. Usually at the headrest is 2 db or even a little more louder. At least that's what it's been when I've metered in my car at the head rest back in the day.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Your best bet would be to find a cheap used L5 or L7 8. When you are using a single 8 you need all the cone area you can get.

I did a 140.6 in a Scion tC with an L7 8 and about 300 watts. I havent got to try 1 in a crx yet but im pretty sure i could get close to 150.

I was thinking the same exact thing about cone area and using it to my advantage

Thanks for the link man, there are some sick little woofers on there. I will do some research on all these

FYI when the first cazy 8's took off i was the second loudest in the states.I forget mumber but i had a L78 in a 6 ft3 box running off a Earthquake D4 in my focus hatch.

Randy, One question about this. Why such a big box for the 8? Wouldnt that make the subwoofer unload like crazy?

Your best bet is to use an old motor and find a decent basket. Find someone that makes subs and see if you can buy a cone and coil from them and make your own 8". The DD woofer isn't all that expensive either. I saw one on ebay brand new go for $120. I believe they are $160 or so brand new from DD. You could try and see if you can find any of the Sound Splinter 8's. There was a guy on Roe that had 2 of them in a Crx doing 149's. I think it was Pete Kuluki or whatever his name is. TC Sounds also made a badass 8" woofer too if you can get your hands on one. Maybe see if you can find someone with a used Kicker L7 8" you could use. It's still an 8 and will give you a bit of an advantage.

Here's a link to a DD 8 on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DD-Audio-1508-8-Inch-S...A1%7C240%3A1318

There are also plenty of L5 8's on ebay for $99 shipped and you can get 2 RE Audio 8's on there for the same price shipped too.

I just found this DD 8 too. The auction ends in 20 hours so you better hurry!!! It's at $75 right now with FREE Shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DD-8-SUBWOOFER_W0QQite...A1%7C240%3A1318

Awesome info man, I was also looking at those RE8s as well that way if I blow one in testing, I can just use the other lol.

And I sent that guy with the $75 DD 8 a question making sure that it actually works. Last thing I need is to get it and it need a recone.

well damn! DD 8's knock

Noodles? didnt he say he whould give someone a brand new DD 8? whoever won that is?

Yea, he said the winner would be getting a brand new 1508. Thats the reason I dont want to use one I guess. Would be cool to use a different woofer that cost half the price as that to win it.

i will throw down to help you i want to beat them idn why but i will thorw some funs your way cuz your my boy!

Hell yea man. Maybe one weekend once I get the woofer, we can work on a box design and shit. We could always run that shit in your s10 as well since the meter is right fuckin there like a foot away.

Id try a diamond audio D3 .. no joke 4 10" d3 on a vfl 500.1 did a 158.x on a crx for pure burps lol they handled its good for a burp so id say deff worth it .....

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=2838

Damn, nice beefy little woofer as well. SO MANY choices among these 8" woofers. Never knew there were so damn many.

Im gonna be doing some research on all of these as well.

I dont know if I want to run the woofer at 2 ohms or 4 ohms. My amp will do 750 rms at 4 ohms @ 12 volts or it will do 1500 rms at 2 ohms at 12 volts. My voltage is pretty solid and I can keep it in the 13 volt range on a burp with that wattage range.

Im going to be calling a company tomorrow that I got some info. Read reviews about it and people have been saying its one of the louder 8's out there.

They dont even have a damn website lol. But they are beasts. Anybody got some guesses? The brand hasnt been mentioned.

Hint: The company is located out of Tennessee :)

Archived