so what do you guys do as a team? and i've heard of mission KS not sure how far it is from Emporia though

Being we are a branch of Team SMD, we represent Steve Meade Designs at competitions and our own team as a whole. We also help each other with builds and modifications needed to one anothers vehicles.

There is actually 2 parts to the Tri-State Mafia that are being determined as we speak. A general Familia group which are the local Memebers that dont compete but are part of the family and then Team Tri-State Mafia which is made up of the actual competing members and ones that hep with team members builds.

The team is fairly new and has just really come to be a full fledged team as of the last couple months. Before that time, we were all still competing but hadnt really met up and formally organized anything as to us being a group.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Being we are a branch of Team SMD, we represent Steve Meade Designs at competitions and our own team as a whole. We also help each other with builds and modifications needed to one anothers vehicles.

There is actually 2 parts to the Tri-State Mafia that are being determined as we speak. A general Familia group which are the local Memebers that dont compete but are part of the family and then Team Tri-State Mafia which is made up of the actual competing members and ones that hep with team members builds.

The team is fairly new and has just really come to be a full fledged team as of the last couple months. Before that time, we were all still competing but hadnt really met up and formally organized anything as to us being a group.

sounds pretty interesting

It's a fun time. We get together ocassionally just for the hell of it and hang out, down a few beverages and just toss ideas and thoughts around on things we're working on individually and as a team. Its been mostly those of us within a hour to an hour and a half of Kansas City that have been getting together however.

Edited by kandiman71874

Kenwood DNX-893s
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2-1.jpgsa.jpg

David said:

newls1
kingsuv
kingsuv

It's a fun time. We get together ocassionally just for the hell of it and hang out, down a few beverages and just toss ideas and thoughts around on things we're working on individually and as a team. Its been mostly those of us within a hour to an hour and a half of Kansas City that have been getting together however.

yeah i'm about an hour an a half from KC i dont have much to show at the moment though i just purchased this 1983 cutlass supreme i'm gonna start to fix up and hopefully i'll be done with it before the anual car show they have here in emporia its in May i took first place last year with my 18" AA Havoc on a Nine.1 in the unlimited class

+1 right here!! Why did your name get changed to Stupid Fuck??????

because he was smds but did stupid shit to get a name change like starting shit with the admins. He is a non factor so dont worry much about him. BTW I was about to answer your PM when I seen this pop back up :lol:

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Topeka, KS here and read the Fuck THAT! post, that'll tell you, i actually think he got banned last night... anyways, what kandiman said, chill people doing big things in the midwest with car audio.

• 1 month later...

I live in the KCK (DOTT) area. I want to start competing but don't really know the ins and outs of it. I have been into car audio for about 20 years. Also would like to get my car metered before I start my big build. I am very curious on what I have now with my small setup. Dose anyone know where I can get this done?

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

Talk to Donnie at loud and clear. he knows a dude with a Tl that can get ya taken care of or NW Audio can get it handled as well.

Kenwood DNX-893s
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

2-1.jpgsa.jpg

David said:

newls1
kingsuv
kingsuv

Talk to Donnie at loud and clear. he knows a dude with a Tl that can get ya taken care of or NW Audio can get it handled as well.

NW Audio, is that off 119th by the theater?

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro