Second Skin Audio

Looking For Louder Bass

I have a 12" Kenwood Subwoofer in a Sealed Box. It sounds good and I'm new to the whole Subwoofer scene however I know a Ported Box makes a subwoofer sound louder. What I need help on is, I need to know if the size of the box matters for the subs specifications, because I was goin to purchase a ported 12" box on eBay, and install it in my car in replace of my sealed box. Here is a video of my subwoofer :

If you need the specs to my sub just post back, and I'll post them up. Please And Thank You!! :help:

-- JLaw --

I have a 12" Kenwood Subwoofer in a Sealed Box. It sounds good and I'm new to the whole Subwoofer scene however I know a Ported Box makes a subwoofer sound louder. What I need help on is, I need to know if the size of the box matters for the subs specifications, because I was goin to purchase a ported 12" box on eBay, and install it in my car in replace of my sealed box. Here is a video of my subwoofer :

If you need the specs to my sub just post back, and I'll post them up. Please And Thank You!! :help:

Yes a porrted box would make a sub sound louder depend on other install too. Yes the size of the box do matter on the sub type.

x3. For sure you should build the box if you can it will sound louder and preform better.

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

yea but the problem is i am only 16 years old, and i don't have the skill, experience, or tools to make my own box, yet alone someone to teach me. but the box i am looking at is 100 dollars offline, or a box on ebay is about 74 dollars.. so im kind of clueless

-- JLaw --

yea but the problem is i am only 16 years old, and i don't have the skill, experience, or tools to make my own box, yet alone someone to teach me. but the box i am looking at is 100 dollars offline, or a box on ebay is about 74 dollars.. so im kind of clueless

haha we on the same road brotha!..im 17 and dont know how to build a box..i know everything else of car audio wiring etc everything..(no trying to sound pro)...except to build a box....

EDIT: one more thing that woofer looks kinda hungry dont ya think?..when i had my mtx 4500 on the song "i put on" the excursion was great...i see your woofer might need a lil more power...thats what think...it might be the camera thoug..i might be wrong..

man if i were you don't buy a prefab you can make one so much cheaper. Im sixteen too and i just got into this audio world about 6 months ago and i've already built my 3rd box, you just gotta get in there and try and build it yourself and learn as you go. That's what i did, my first box was pretty shitty to be honest but i got so much more satisfaction out of building it myself than i would ever have gotten buying a box. I would say go for building your own, but hey your sub, your decision. But you can always come back to SMD to get help from other people to guide you along the way.

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front