Second Skin Audio

New Quarter wave box Ive been working on the past 2 weeks

Well, here goes my rush attempt to bring somethin to Autorama db event in Feb. I have built the box already, tested it, and I was surely amazed at the output with such low power, and the woofer cones barely even flinching, yet before my eyes, my headliner was snowing on me, and my neighbors were comming out to see who was the guy making all the noise, up to 4houses down ( my windows were rolled up, doors closed) Across the street my buddy said his picture frames, and windows were vibrating. So, for 250 watts, I guess it was pretty loud. But this time, Iam not useing 2 SS Exact 12"s, or some 10"s I got straight to the point with a pair of 15"s. Since my digi cam only worked long enough to take pictures of my last build, Iam stuck with my sloppy webcam, and its horrible resolution and brightness. But the best parts is, Iam not done yet, I have 3 weeks or so to finish this box!! And the box will be a treat to the eyes and ears. Iam hopeing for some  1" plexi in it so I can show how the box works, but may not have that option, since price is an issue.  So, lets get to the point...

2- 15"s  1000rms each, 3" voice coil, dual spider, dvc 3ohm 40lb motor, good 2-2.5" xmax- custom built

36" wide 22 tall 26 deep to play with.

I wanted Quarter wave only, since Iam bored with Ported, and long gone from sealed.

I came up with about 100" long of a line which equals about 34hz wich is awesome, cuz thats the woofers Fs.

125 starting point to 155 ending port area (slightly tapered to a larger opening)

But realizing that box would only be good enuff for 1- 15", not 2, I did some calculations, and built a test box for 2- 15s

Lets called this style box a, umm  Iso baric loaded, BANDPASS tline

I came up with a 3cf sealed chamber in front of the tline, 1 sub loaded in the tline, 1 sub outside the box... Cone, to magnet- In Phase, so when the subwoofer on the outside strokes inward, its pressing on the 15"in the line.... Why would this be good? Well, it concentrates alot harder @tunning, 34hz, with no bass boost eq, anything, and @ 34hz, the box just goes insane!! A large gain over testing the box in standard bandpass tline, or standard tline, but now I lack the high bass, and low sub bass.... But you know what? 34hz, with about 10hz of bandwidth sounds damn good at 250 watts!!!! (guessing about 29-39ish hz) But in car transfer function helps alot, seriously.

So, Iam not done yet, I only have sloppy webcam pics of the paint job, and the idea... I need to throw the front baffle on where the top woofer will mount to, and a top, also the top will be spaced up a few inches to alloy for another .75cf of airspace, so the subs play even a tad lower.... I first primered, and bondo'd the  screw holes, and fuk ups, painted it with rhino liner, them painted it grey, then clear coat for added gloss

more to come later

Image070.jpg

Image129.jpg

Image024.jpg

Image133.jpg

Image080.jpg

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I know some of you will be lost on the design, and well, thats perfectly fine with me  :gun:

but here is an idea of how the box looks, and a few pics of the subwoofers used

Image183.jpg

Image184.jpg

091_91.jpg

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

damn, 4th time trying to upload this last pic, once again, here is the schematic

isotransmission.jpg

sundown.jpg

Thanks P1ggy, and yeah, that is the same box as the one you heard, but Iam making it show quality, painted, plexi window and lookin all perty... I will end up selling the box to the highest bidder after the show.

sundown.jpg

haveing real cam really sucks donkey balls... heres a pic of the box in the truck, from a cam phone... a G-etro PCS cam phone....

phonecam.jpg

sundown.jpg

Not haveing a real cam, really sucks donkey balls*

sundown.jpg

nice! wish i could see the pic better though.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Me too Meade... lol

here is another pic, Iam getting ready to seal off the sealed side, and ad 1 more layer to the top.... That little opening on the top, I want to throw some plexi in there just so you can see the cone to magnet in action.... in this pic, it may look like the front is cut a lil wrong, but that circle is  to allow the woofer in front to be placed Exactly in front of the other woofer, because if its off, the cone behind may slap the magnet.

frontbaffle.jpg

sundown.jpg