so i know i'm fairly new to this field of automotives (alarms) haha

i know i live in a good part of Reno where i'm at, and in my cul-de-sac and on my street cars are still broken into quite often, it's suprising

like my old neighbors truck was broken into twice in one year, stealing everything, stereo, and even door speakers, crazy how they had time, but they took everything

then i had my car broken into and my room faces the cul-de-sac from above the garage and i can see all the way up my street, but car alarm went off at 2 a.m. woke me up, they broke out the window and tried unlocking it, but as most of us know, if you unlock from the inside, and you locked from the outside remote, the alarm should usually sound, and i watched them jump in the car and speed away up my street

also there was a recent string of breakins that left two cars on my street without back windows and ipods, etc. missing. just on my street... not including cross roads or anything

and recently i have a bad habit of just locking from the inside, doesn't arm the alarm ha.

not my durango, but where they seem to be broken into most parked in that spot or behind, i think probably cause no houses ha

img1226959795007.jpg

then my durango and where i park... i need to clear out my side of the garage, but it's hard, dirtbike, snowboard stuff, mountain bike, hookahs :unknw: to much stuff ha

img1226959815234.jpg

at least i'm not parking on the street anymore ha

so down to the dirty...

i was going off of NOFEARX18's previous thread about alarms and expanding

i'm interested in the

http://viper.com/P-5702V/Viper+5901+Respon...te+Start+System

kinda pricey but the way i'm looking at it is it'll be worth it and pay for itself in one break in where they could've taken something, amp + sub + head unit, in one break in with the alarm it should pay for it's self

any opinions on this alarm

and how hard would it be to install myself having no expierence with an alarm...? i'd be fixing to buy it on ebay probably and install myself, but i could talk to my mom and she would fully agree and we would spend the extra and have it installed locally...

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

Its a new alarm from directed, it just recently started shipping them around the end of october/ early november.

The specs all seem good on the alarm with many features, however not many have probolly had them installed yet.

As I said in the other post, Directed has a lot of new alarms and keyless entry units comming out.

I dont know how long it will take for them to release them all but it should be with in the next month or 2 Id hope. There is a color lcd 2 way pager alarm like my 791 comming out soon and Im waiting for that.

I know clifford and viper also have new units comming out slowley but surely. They are new products for 2009.

I know the clifford units run a smaller antenna vs the responder antennas that where used on the xv791s, the range is longer, shorter antennas, and a brighter bluer LED in the attena unit shinning down towards your seats, vs the old fasion LEDs in the pillers.

I Would try to hold off on making a semi pricey investment at the moment being new alarms releasing right now. You may see something better you like, or you maybe able to get older models even cheaper.

Just make sure you buy from a directed dealer/installer for warranty purposes.

Its a new alarm from directed, it just recently started shipping them around the end of october/ early november.

The specs all seem good on the alarm with many features, however not many have probolly had them installed yet.

As I said in the other post, Directed has a lot of new alarms and keyless entry units comming out.

I dont know how long it will take for them to release them all but it should be with in the next month or 2 Id hope. There is a color lcd 2 way pager alarm like my 791 comming out soon and Im waiting for that.

I know clifford and viper also have new units comming out slowley but surely. They are new products for 2009.

I know the clifford units run a smaller antenna vs the responder antennas that where used on the xv791s, the range is longer, shorter antennas, and a brighter bluer LED in the attena unit shinning down towards your seats, vs the old fasion LEDs in the pillers.

I Would try to hold off on making a semi pricey investment at the moment being new alarms releasing right now. You may see something better you like, or you maybe able to get older models even cheaper.

Just make sure you buy from a directed dealer/installer for warranty purposes.

awesome, thanks for the quick words, i'll definently purchase it and have it installed by an authorized dealer

this may be stupid but what is "directed" are they the maker of the alarms or is it a whole other company?

i have no problem holding off, i was just sparked into them and i like the key chain remote, wireless responders?? with the new viper alarm i posted, 'one' mile range, and no attena on it and is pretty small with a bigger screen, i like that

i'm willing to definently shop around, what are some other brands you would reconmend? im gonna go look at clifford right now

thanks

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

directed is a company that has about 5 diffrent brands coming off of it ex. viper clifford python avital and a few other. I did a couple of the new ones and one of the ones u are looking at. It seems to be a good unit. The main thing is get it installed by a pro. Because that is half the security making sure everything is hidden to where theifs can not easily get to it to cut the siren wire or disconnect power. But u will not be dissapointed by that model.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

what he said above.

Directed electronics is pretty much the main company. They own Viper avaitel python clifford and some other alarm companies, they also have directed amps/subs and own Orion, precision power (ppi).

Pretty much your gonna get performance from any alarm you go with by directed. Vipers, pythons, cliffords all use to be independant companies that all merged together (kinda like hifonics, mb quart, autotek are all owned by maxxsonics).

Most of directeds alarms are the same from company to company, they all offer the same features for the same priced alarm, and I think all the nicer units are using the 1 mile range. the only differences you will really notice in them is the alarm parts may be slightly different in the design such as the remotes (different colors, but same overall design), and different looking brain boxes and sensors. Most the time if you upgrade to more sensors, a glass sensor for a viper alarm will work on a clifford and vice versa which is nice.

Here is their main site, http://www.directed.com/

edit: like we said, make sure you buy from a authorized dealer! Yea, you can get them way cheaper from ebay, but the prices you see on directeds site is INCLUDING basic installation (which means everything that comes with the alarm). If you buy from ebay, you wont have a warranty and it will also proboly cost more in the long run to buy the cheaper unit at ebay and have it professional installed since you didnt buy the alarm from that shop, and since you didnt buy it from them they probolly wont warranty their install either. Unless your a do it your selfer, but your looking at about 3+ hours easily if its your first time installing alarms.

Edited by Bangin Caddy

what he said above.

Directed electronics is pretty much the main company. They own Viper avaitel python clifford and some other alarm companies, they also have directed amps/subs and own Orion, precision power (ppi).

Pretty much your gonna get performance from any alarm you go with by directed. Vipers, pythons, cliffords all use to be independant companies that all merged together (kinda like hifonics, mb quart, autotek are all owned by maxxsonics).

Most of directeds alarms are the same from company to company, they all offer the same features for the same priced alarm, and I think all the nicer units are using the 1 mile range. the only differences you will really notice in them is the alarm parts may be slightly different in the design such as the remotes (different colors, but same overall design), and different looking brain boxes and sensors. Most the time if you upgrade to more sensors, a glass sensor for a viper alarm will work on a clifford and vice versa which is nice.

Here is their main site, http://www.directed.com/

edit: like we said, make sure you buy from a authorized dealer! Yea, you can get them way cheaper from ebay, but the prices you see on directeds site is INCLUDING basic installation (which means everything that comes with the alarm). If you buy from ebay, you wont have a warranty and it will also proboly cost more in the long run to buy the cheaper unit at ebay and have it professional installed since you didnt buy the alarm from that shop, and since you didnt buy it from them they probolly wont warranty their install either. Unless your a do it your selfer, but your looking at about 3+ hours easily if its your first time installing alarms.

awesome, you guys are nailing all my questions dead on, thanks.

so i was looking at all the others from directed and they are essentally the same exact thing, same features

ex.

Viper 5901 Responder LC3 SuperCode SST 2-Way Security and Remote Start System

vs.

Clifford matrix 50.7x or whatever, comes with everything in the viper name, lc3, super code, sst

they're the same thing ha

i would go authorized everything for sure 100%

also i couldn't find the prices on the clifford site, i could be blind, but on the viper site it was super easy to find

for the viper 5900 it says $599 including basic install so i called the local dealer and they said $499 for the unit, $250 for parts and labor... $750... hmmmmmmmm lol and they didnt have the 5901 in stock or viper hasnt even really started shipping them out, at the shop i know one of the two owners well and he hooks me up with shit, i think im going to talk to him on matching vipers online price as it includes everything, they should do it right? but would they skimp on the install?

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

i am going to get the clifford which there is no diffrence in that and the viper. The retail on the 50.7 is 649.99 coming from the dealer sheet in front of me but u can prob get it cheaper.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

for the viper 5900 it says $599 including basic install so i called the local dealer and they said $499 for the unit, $250 for parts and labor... $750... hmmmmmmmm lol and they didnt have the 5901 in stock or viper hasnt even really started shipping them out, at the shop i know one of the two owners well and he hooks me up with shit, i think im going to talk to him on matching vipers online price as it includes everything, they should do it right? but would they skimp on the install?

They might not be a authorized dealer. That would be something to check into with directed. because there are no additional parts you need to buy, All the wiring, accessories comes with the alarm.

You can buy the alarm straight from directed, and what they will do is set you up with a appointment at the nearest authorized directed dealer of your product install, and uless you have bought additional sensors the price should stay the same. At least this is how they use to do it.

And those alarms are shipping, theres a few sitting at my friends shop along with a few new cliffords (forget what models), but if they are not an authorized dealer they may not have them avaible to them yet.

They might not be a authorized dealer. That would be something to check into with directed. because there are no additional parts you need to buy, All the wiring, accessories comes with the alarm.

You can buy the alarm straight from directed, and what they will do is set you up with a appointment at the nearest authorized directed dealer of your product install, and uless you have bought additional sensors the price should stay the same. At least this is how they use to do it.

And those alarms are shipping, theres a few sitting at my friends shop along with a few new cliffords (forget what models), but if they are not an authorized dealer they may not have them avaible to them yet.

they're authorized for sure, checked up on vipers website and i know they've carried viper stuff for a while. i think ima have to talk to the owner that i know and get some good prices or see what i can do

so there is litterally no major difference from the clifford to the viper? price looks to be the same

and any opinions on the window break 'microphone' sensor???

i was thinking about it but read on it and seems cheesy, just a microphone that pics up on different noises and tones or something... how effective is this?

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

i am going to get the clifford which there is no diffrence in that and the viper. The retail on the 50.7 is 649.99 coming from the dealer sheet in front of me but u can prob get it cheaper.

are you a dealer or just have access to the sheet?

and i'm reading all your posts ha, dont think i'm ignoring you cause i'm only replying to bangin caddy or whatever, i appriciate your input

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png