Which Of These Two Mid-bass Drivers ?

Fish Chris

I had actually already ordered a pair of these: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...4663301#reviews

.....but now I'm having second thoughts. I mean, they seem to get great reviews, and they were cheap enough....

But not sure about the power handling. They say 80 wts rms, and the birth sheet of my Power 1000 shows 111wts rms....

Hmmmm. I do like the sensitivity rating of 93dbs though !

I think I could return them..... but for just over $100, I could keep them for a back up too....

So then, here's what I'm looking at now;

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=14423

Better on the power handling.... And BTW, that price is for a pair ! So these Kickers are actually just a little cheaper than the Daytons !

Oh, and a lot shallower mounting depth too. Might be helpful for mounting in my lower doors, although either way, I'm going to need custom door pods.

Oh and BTW, whichever mid-bass drivers I use, they will be filling in between a pair of 12"s, and my 5 1/4" Polk Audio component mids + highs. {maybe grabbing from say 80hz, to about 300hz or so}

What do you think ???

Fish

i think the ones you ordered will do fine. those are the ones i was going to grab but life happened and opted for the 12$ 8s of there and have yet to be disappointed. all the faults the mids have is from my shaudy fiberglass work

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Right on.

I hear you on the fiberglass work. I still don't know what the hell I'm going to do about some nice looking / working lower door pods for my 8"s.... Don't trust myself, as I've never built pods before, but can't really afford to have them made from scratch, by a pro either. Hmmmm. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Peace,

Fish

i think the ones you ordered will do fine. those are the ones i was going to grab but life happened and opted for the 12$ 8s of there and have yet to be disappointed. all the faults the mids have is from my shaudy fiberglass work

-Drew

Archived