Second Skin Audio

Need Help On Setting Up My Soon-2-be System

What's up, I currently own a 12" Kenwood sub, wired at 4 ohms 300 watts. I want more power, so I'm looking at two 12" MB Quart RWE-302. The specs are here== http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=3415 , I want to buy 2 of these so I can run 1000W RMS, and I want 2 12" subs. I want to power each sub 500watts rms, but I need help matching an amp for each sub, I have this amplifier== http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=6401. I was wondering if I wire my Kenwood amplifier to the MB Quart at 2 ohms if it will run at 500, and if so I want to buy another amplifier like this one and run both MB Quarts off of 2 Kenwood amplifiers at 500watts RMS per sub. I also need help cuz I want to buy a dual 12" ported box, and I also need to know the Gauge wire , and if I need a capacitor. I'm brand new to the whole sub scene so if you could help me out it'd be much appreciated, thanks a lot!

i also tried hooking up a kenwood head unit to my 2001 GMC Jimmy, with a Bose system, I put the harness on and wired it all together, but there was no sound.. The head unit worked but no sound came out of the speakers, if you could help me out there, I'd be even more grateful, hit me back please!! :search:

-- JLaw --

The sub page won't load for me, but I got the amp page up. Yes, your amp with run at 500 watts RMS if you wire it down to 2 ohms. If you get two, you will need to buy a distributor to split the power wires into 2. For this setup I'd say get a distribution block that has 1 1/0AWG input with 2 4AWG outputs. Run a small amount of 1/0 from the positive terminal on the battery into the block, and then run the 4 out of the block to each of the amps.

chicken is basically the native american hulk, you think he broke that curb with his rim? think again, that was merely him stubbing his toe.

smd5.png

The sub page won't load for me, but I got the amp page up. Yes, your amp with run at 500 watts RMS if you wire it down to 2 ohms. If you get two, you will need to buy a distributor to split the power wires into 2. For this setup I'd say get a distribution block that has 1 1/0AWG input with 2 4AWG outputs. Run a small amount of 1/0 from the positive terminal on the battery into the block, and then run the 4 out of the block to each of the amps.

alright thanks dude, what about the head unit problem, do you know where the bose amplifier would be in a gmc jimmy ? i cant find that , and best buy wants me to pay like 200 dollars fuck that shit

-- JLaw --

yeah dude just do the big III upgrade and like donise said you'd need to get a distribution block but those are relatively inexpensive. as to your dual ported box, why buy? learn to build, you'd get so much more satisfaction out of building one, and you can build it specifically for that subwoofer, but hey if you aren't able to build one at the moment that's totally fine, as to you head unit problem.. can't help ya there sorry.

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

Just got the sub page working (shitty college wireless network)...Unfortunately the amps won't be able to see a 2 ohm load using those subs. The subs are dual 2 ohm voice coils. If you plan on wiring each sub up to their own amp, you could wire it in parallel which would bring the load down to 1 ohm on the amp, but your amp isn't 1 ohm stable. You'd have to wire the voice coils in series to the amp, bringing the impedance up to 4 ohms. This means your subs would only see 300 watts rms a piece. If you can find the sub with dual 4 ohm voice coils, then you can wire them in parallel and the amp would be seeing 2 ohms, resulting in your subs seeing the 500 RMS you want them to.

As for the rest of the questions not answered before, can't help with the factory amp. I doubt you'll need a cap or anything, just do the good ol Big III upgrade and you should be good. Add another battery or a cap if you get a lot of dimming when the bass hits.

EDIT: Don't forget to get a fused distribution block for the power wires or you could fry some sh!t =@

Edited by donsie
chicken is basically the native american hulk, you think he broke that curb with his rim? think again, that was merely him stubbing his toe.

smd5.png

does the bose system use an external amplifier? maybe u need to hook up rca's to something. if all else fails run new speaker wires to all the speakers

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

yeah dude just do the big III upgrade and like donise said you'd need to get a distribution block but those are relatively inexpensive. as to your dual ported box, why buy? learn to build, you'd get so much more satisfaction out of building one, and you can build it specifically for that subwoofer, but hey if you aren't able to build one at the moment that's totally fine, as to you head unit problem.. can't help ya there sorry.

but those subs impedance is 2 ohms and this amp runs 500wats at 2 ohms. if i wire each sub to each amp that should work right? and if that factory amp is external idk where the hell it is

-- JLaw --

but if you run thoe subs with those amps after you wire them they will be seeing a one ohm load which your amp cant handle.And for the head unit is the harness ment for that one.Cauase i know that their is seperate harness 's one for the reagular stereo and one cause the bose's have a amp so it'd be a speciality one.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

but if you run thoe subs with those amps after you wire them they will be seeing a one ohm load which your amp cant handle.And for the head unit is the harness ment for that one.Cauase i know that their is seperate harness 's one for the reagular stereo and one cause the bose's have a amp so it'd be a speciality one.

how would it be a one ohm load if i wired the sub to the amp at 2 ohms?? say for instance i had just one MB Quart and wired it to the amp woud that be a 2 ohm load?? if i used jus one could i run it at 500 watts with that amp and sub?

-- JLaw --

but those subs impedance is 2 ohms and this amp runs 500wats at 2 ohms. if i wire each sub to each amp that should work right?

Get the 4 ohm model. That was you can wire it down to a 2 ohm load. Your amp won't see a 2 ohm load with dual 2 ohm subs.

smd5.png