How Many Speakers

Worm442

So I Have a Memphis Belle 16-mc1300d the older version. With four speakers. Two 6x9 4 ohm each wired to 8ohms in series then I added a 6.5" inch wired parallel so im guessing I am at 4 Ohms. Next I Added a bullet Tweeter with a cap on it also wired parallel. im guessing im still at 4 Ohms

So my question is do I have to many speakers on one channel?

Should I wire all the speaker in series, parallel or leave as is?

It is wired like this

wiring.jpg

Edited by Worm442

If both the 6 1/2 and the tweeter are 4 ohms your final impedence on the channel would be 1.6 ohms rounded up. Not 4 ohms at all. You would have to series the 6 1/2 and the tweeter together and then parallel those to the 6X9's to get a 4 ohm load at the amp.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

It says 8 ohms on image but all the speakers are 4 ohms, if read left to right while ignoring the speakers to the right of it then the ohms at the bottom is what I think it would be at.

Doesn't the cap on the speaker cancel out the ohms for the tweeter therefore keeping it at the same ohms as just the two 6x9s and the 6.5?

wiring-1.jpg

for some reason every tweet ive tryed to get a ohm load onto didn't come up with any ohm load at all and the tweet was fine, ied measure the tweet by itself n then see what u got, most memphis amps can be ran at 1ohm or 2ohm in stereo, but ive seen some ma audio amps were u could wire down to .5ohm and it still work fine but i dont think it would power that much from one side of speaker, now ive heard most mids n highs amps if u set the gain just right u can wire em down to 1ohm stereo if need be just dont let it clip and it will be fine, i got a comp set and a set of coax's with a extra set of tweets n my amp reads 2.6ohms on each channel so no problem, u can wire it 1ohm if u want to cause independance rise will put that 1ohm at about 1.8 or so and should help if u keep gain set right tho cause wireing those 6x9's in series wont let em get there wattage they need, ied try wireing it like that, ied wire the 6x9's n 6&1/2 in parallel n should be around 1.9ohm after rise prolly and see how it sounds for around 10 min of turnin up n down to see if it clips or not and if its fine ied do it like that, my buddy that sells memphis said if u keep the gain down enulf not to clip u can wire em to 1ohm if need be cause mids n highs amps dont do like sub amps would, shouldn't harm anything i dont think ive done it myself and no prob so far, if ur worried and its a 4channel wire the 6x9's on teh rear 2ohm each channel and the 6&1/2 and tweet on front channel 2ohm or what ever it registers and do it that way will work fine, and can u get a pic of the amp?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I used a meter to check my ohms i was at 2.69 with 6x9 in series 6.5 and tweeter in parallel.

Then I wired the speakers up in parallel the 6x9 and 6.5 and unfortunatly the 6.5s didnt last 20 seconds before they blew and my amp went into protect mode lol. (Power Acoustic 6.5" KP653N) only 25 dollars they sounded good just couldn't handle watts

So I disconnected them and they are just covering a few holes I cut out. But it all evened out because I made a board for my 6x9s.

Before they were just under a peice of wood now their visible and LOUDER.

And I'll Get those pics for you in a lil bit

What's up with your ground? :unsure:

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

for ur ground somethin like this http://www.darvex.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Sc...Product_Count=1

or like this http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=263-622

and that amp can be ran 1ohm stereo so thats good, u can wire 4 4ohm speakers to it and be fine, i like memphis stuff there built tough

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Yea this amp is great I bought it a while back and it never over heats on me I don't think I would sell it for anyless then what I paid for.

Yea the 5th Channel(1000watts) is 1 ohm stable I think the other four channels(150wattsx4) are 2 ohm stable.

I'll probly only use 4 speakers total on each channel one being a Tweeter with a cap and the other three 4 ohm speakers. Im going to keep the ohms just a little bit over 2 that way I minimize any chance of messing something up.

I was just thinking of puting some solder on top of ground then putting the trunk carpet over to make it look a little bit cleaner.

I have never really used a terminal for ground do they actually make better contact or is it the same but just for looks?