XS Power

D2400 And Pm Charger

Guest DC Power Kyle

Guest KyleCannon

Alright,

Im getting my charger tomorrow to charge my D2400. I was wondering if it might be good to do it on a 16v AGM low with 2amp? I heard from MLA that by doing this i may get a better voltage at rest from the battery because it will make the battery relearn at the higher voltage. (Not that I don't trust him, just want others opinions.)

If this isn't the way to go or if there is a better way, please let me know to get the best performance and voltage out of my battery for many years to come.

• 1 month later...
Alright,

Im getting my charger tomorrow to charge my D2400. I was wondering if it might be good to do it on a 16v AGM low with 2amp? I heard from MLA that by doing this i may get a better voltage at rest from the battery because it will make the battery relearn at the higher voltage. (Not that I don't trust him, just want others opinions.)

If this isn't the way to go or if there is a better way, please let me know to get the best performance and voltage out of my battery for many years to come.

The 16v mode should be used for 16v batteries only. Charging a 12v battery at 16v will damage the battery over time, or immediately. When using the 1005 Charger on a D2400 you should always use the 12V AGM Low (or high before important comps) and always charge at 15A. If the battery is discharged very deeply, the charger will not fully charge it in the 2A mode before kicking into "protection" or error mode.

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KyleCannon

Yeah, I know and I trust him. I just don't see a 2 amp charge mode on the PM charger (only a 5) and I just like to learn at the same time so I know for future reference if someone wants to know.

Yeah, I know and I trust him. I just don't see a 2 amp charge mode on the PM charger (only a 5) and I just like to learn at the same time so I know for future reference if someone wants to know.

The original Powermaster labeled chargers had a 2A mode instead of a 5A mode. The XS Power labeled ones have the lowe setting of 5A. The 5A mode is for charging small batts like the D680, D925 and D975, the 15A mode is for the D1200, D5100, D3400 and D2400... the 25A mode is for the D2700 and D3100. You can look at it as small medium and large.

For every given battery size, there is a certain charge current that will allow the battery to become fully charged. It is true that charging too quickly will result in a charge that is not as full, but there is no need to go well below this point and waste several hours of charging when the same thing can be acheived at a much faster rate. And with the XS Power intellicharger, if you charge too quickly in the initial stage, it will be made up for in the float stage, where the charger allows the battery to further absorb charge to keep the battery as fully charged as possible.

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

Guest KyleCannon

That's exactly what i needed to know scottie! Can you shed some light on the differences on AGM High vs AGM Low? The Pros and cons of each if and when you get a chance.