Well I'm finally sick of my Verizon service. I now no longer have service on my blackberry at my own house or anywhere north of it until the next state for that matter. So I'm looking at the smartphones at&t offers and am pretty interested in a few. I want the blackberry bold but it's pretty pricey. I like the way the blackjack II looks but are there any other suggestions out there?

Edited by Tub Asko

Well I'm finally sick of my Verizon service. I now no longer have service on my blackberry at my own house or anywhere north of it until the next state for that matter. So I'm looking at the smartphones at&t offers and am pretty interested in a few. I want the blackberry bold but it's pretty pricey. I like the way the blackjack II looks but are there any other suggestions out there?

i have the BJ 2 .. it takes a beating i tell u that been dropped in snow, puddles toilets dropped , thrown etc still kickin after a year.. but its not as " entertainment" as a blackberry .. so business like.. BB has so many settings for ppl under 80 its sick, lol i dunno if u can try it out for 30 days or whatever att gives u... I actually traded my i phone for the bj 2 just due to MMS sending, since u cant send or receive pics or vids normally thru text.. nor does it even have a video recorder.. but another neg about the blackjack 2 is it seems to freeze up , takes forever to delete things.. Even b4 all the damage its really slow and att s 3g sux ass .. even not on the 3g network just scrolling has lag ... go w the bold man

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg

My vote, go for either a blackberry or something running windows mobile. The BlackJack II is a good entry level smart phone. Personally I'm looking at the Tilt and the Epix (I think that's what it's called) for windows phones, and the 8820 and the bold for blackberry. My main feature is WiFi though, so if that's not important, your options open up greatly.

This is just my opinion though: when it comes to phones, don't skimp because of price. If you can wait until you can afford what you REALLY want and get it, otherwise you will be kicking yourself for the next few months/years. My parents learned that lesson the hard way. I'm not saying put yourself in debt buying a phone, or if two phones will suit your purposes to get the expensive phone because its expensive.

Think of it this way, would you rather save your money and buy DC, Fi, etc. or jump the gun and end up with Pyle?

EDIT: Also, skip over the Pantech Duo. I've heard nothing but bad things about the hinges. They feel very weak. To be completely honest, and this is just me, and I have nothing to substantiate anything against the company, but I wouldn't buy anything from Pantech. It seems to me for one of your first forays into mainstream (that I know of) smart phone production, you would try and put your best foot forward. If this was their best foot, then I want nothing to do with them.

Pantech also made one of the Helio phones. IIRC it was the ocean.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

i like htc phones myself. i have the verizon xv6800 and i like it allot. i think at&t has a couple phones made by htc.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

Went to the local at&t store to look at some phones. The samsung epix was very impressive. Also the Bold was nice at the same price. I'd hate to settle for just a curve when I've already had a superior phone. So for me it's a toss up between the Epix and Bold

Personally, I'd go for the Epix. I like touchscreens. The Bold is a very good phone as well. You can't go wrong either way. I've heard nothing but good about both.

The only negative for the Epix I've heard is that the virtual mouse thing isn't necessary, but I don't see that as something that would make me not buy it.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

whatever you get don't get the quickfire. i got it a couple weeks ago and had tons of problems with it. i took it back and got the iphone yesterday. i absolutley love this thing. tons of free applications and games. the browser on it is sweet as hell, i was kinda skeptical at first about it but the only con i can see with it is that you can't send or recieve pic messages you have to send them in your email. you can even have pictures automatically uploaded to photobucket when you take them. Love it.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?