Second Skin Audio

Recone Glue

I use engine RTV gasket glue for the surrounds and dome (as long as its foam surrounds), clamp it down, and wait over night

for the spider most people here will tell you CA- its fast.....

When I worked at the speaker shop, this is what we used, and there is no breaking this stuff away, and that is the only draw back- reconing again, you need to use a really straight hard flat blade to break away the epoxy

http://www.servcorponline.com/3m-scotchwel...p420-b3420.html

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I use engine RTV gasket glue for the surrounds and dome (as long as its foam surrounds), clamp it down, and wait over night

for the spider most people here will tell you CA- its fast.....

ok, this is my question now...... how do you clamp the whole suround unless you have like 30 clamps. haha. or is 4 going to work fine as long as it is held close to the basket and is given enough time to set and seal.

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

^^^ exactly, cut a ring or 2, and mount subwoofer upside down while it dries

the weight of the motor is perfect for getting that glue bead down flat, and perfect

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

ok, sweet. so sorry for thread jacking this Alpine. haha.

so all you do when you recone is get old cone out, then when everything is removed form old surround, spider, and tinsle lead, you put the new cone in/on, clue surround, glue dust cap, glue spider, and then solder the tinsle leads?

Bills

KwB

pretty much

1) tear down

2) clean all glue surfaces where surround and spiders lay flat

3) clean motor gap usually with a coffee stir stick and some double sided tape wrapped around it- possible some acetone to clean up burned coil debris

4) shim coil with proper shim, not toilet paper roll... lol

5) lay down glue for spider, and surround, mount re cone kit

- clamp spider with either waxed MDF rings- 2 piece, and flip woofer upside down so the surround can dry

solder when dried

test, then dome

sundown.jpg

I find it disturbing when people use the wrong glue with a recone....

here is a link to the real stuff...

http://www.prosoundservice.com/m9_view_ite...BI4HazAitFUyeNr

Thats looking like the real deal there.

Bills

KwB