Second Skin Audio

Recone Glue

I find it disturbing when people use the wrong glue with a recone....

here is a link to the real stuff...

http://www.prosoundservice.com/m9_view_ite...BI4HazAitFUyeNr

The glues I referred to are from a manufacturing point of view, I used to build upwards of 200 speakers a day, SPL SQ and home theater subwoofer's- and when you got that many, you need the best glues, with good dry time

Out of all the glues we have used in the speaker manufacturing field, the best glues have been the 3M DP420, and rubber based glues for surrounds and domes

Using RTV gasket glue is the best and closest to the actual stuff used on the assembly line, yet cheapest glue to buy, with out having to order online, and wait about 7 days

The usual water based stuff usually takes 24hrs + in a warm dry environment- a heater box

That kit is great for the average consumer, but when using hard core SPL subwoofer's, like Alpine, you need strength and reliability

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

The stuff is just bought from a glue manufacturer re labeled, and sold for a mark up

yeah it works, but the white glue in my experience is a water based glue that has to dehydrate to make a solid glue bead- The glue is great, but you don't always know you have a good glue bead until its dry

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.