1600 Watts Through 4 Gauge?

I was just reading the specs on the Hifonics BXi1608D and it says it pushes 1600 watts RMS @ 1 ohm, but only has a 4 gauge power and ground terminal. Is it possible to run that much power through 4 awg?

chicken is basically the native american hulk, you think he broke that curb with his rim? think again, that was merely him stubbing his toe.

smd5.png

I was just reading the specs on the Hifonics BXi1608D and it says it pushes 1600 watts RMS @ 1 ohm, but only has a 4 gauge power and ground terminal. Is it possible to run that much power through 4 awg?

yes its possible, but you should go for larger wire, look into reducers, u can get a 0-4 gauge reducer, makes the install look nice and takes care of all the problems of only having 4 gauge input

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Arn't there also ways of cutting some of the copper wire out and then soldering it so it will be stiff and will just be able to stick in a 4 gauge terminal. i cn't explane it well, but i've seen it done on here. but i think they solderd first and then took to a grinding wheel and then did jit too size or some shiz

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

yes its possible, but you should go for larger wire, look into reducers, u can get a 0-4 gauge reducer, makes the install look nice and takes care of all the problems of only having 4 gauge input

Any idea where I could find one?

chicken is basically the native american hulk, you think he broke that curb with his rim? think again, that was merely him stubbing his toe.

smd5.png

@soberbills

hifonic amps i believe have wire to just go in and allyn wrench them in. i could be wrong. the same inputs as a JL amp and such

? huh? ik, i've had both hifonics amps and jl amps, what i was talking about will do the same as a 1/0g to 4g reducer, but be free and take maybe 5 min to do per. but idk. thats me.

Bills

KwB

? huh? ik, i've had both hifonics amps and jl amps, what i was talking about will do the same as a 1/0g to 4g reducer, but be free and take maybe 5 min to do per. but idk. thats me.

Bills

oh sorry i read it wrong, i thought you were talking about crimping 0 gauge and putting it into the amplifier 12v input.

oh sorry i read it wrong, i thought you were talking about crimping 0 gauge and putting it into the amplifier 12v input.

no worrys man. haha. thats kinda what i thought u thought i said when i read your reply. haha

Bills

KwB

just cut off the insulation, fill the exposed wire up with solder, and then use a grinder to reduce the wire down to the desired size. gp2k2 had a some pics somewhere showing how to do it.

Edited by lance_aka_64

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg