Sonic Electronix

Requests for advice/help from Meade (me :P)

Hey steve or anyone that would know for that matter. i got few question.

first i'm building a sub box got it all planned out in 3d and all the good stuff ported and tuned to 33hz cubes all max for each chamber for the speakers i'm using anyways i seen steve build some boxes and he glue and nailed them where needed well i would like to know what kinda glue to use normal wood glue or stronger glue like gorilla glue or something like that?

2nd when i go to carpet the box what kinda glue should i use to put the carpet on?

3rd i'm running a 2000x1 amp and running 2 subs with dual 4ohm coils wiring them in parallel/parallel to break it down to the 1ohm from the amp anyways right now i only got the fuses that are on them amp 2 40 amps and no inline fuse what size fuse should i run inline for this set up?

Hey steve or anyone that would know for that matter. i got few question.

first i'm building a sub box got it all planned out in 3d and all the good stuff ported and tuned to 33hz cubes all max for each chamber for the speakers i'm using anyways i seen steve build some boxes and he glue and nailed them where needed well i would like to know what kinda glue to use normal wood glue or stronger glue like gorilla glue or something like that?

2nd when i go to carpet the box what kinda glue should i use to put the carpet on?

3rd i'm running a 2000x1 amp and running 2 subs with dual 4ohm coils wiring them in parallel/parallel to break it down to the 1ohm from the amp anyways right now i only got the fuses that are on them amp 2 40 amps and no inline fuse what size fuse should i run inline for this set up?

A little more info would be nice. With your ported enclosure make sure your port width is no smaller then 2". I would run a 200-250 amp anl fuse for the 2000x1 amp. Whats the actual subs and amp called? Make sure your calculations are right cause the enclosure is a major factor and could make for break a good install. Regular wood glue is fine but you could fiberglass and resin the inside seams to help strengthen it up a lil.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

A little more info would be nice. With your ported enclosure make sure your port width is no smaller then 2". I would run a 200-250 amp anl fuse for the 2000x1 amp. Whats the actual subs and amp called? Make sure your calculations are right cause the enclosure is a major factor and could make for break a good install. Regular wood glue is fine but you could fiberglass and resin the inside seams to help strengthen it up a lil.

Port is 2"w X 10" h X 13 1/4"d each camber is 1.3cubes max listing for my alpine type-r 10s box should be 32-34 hz tuned from my math and running a power acoustik bamf 2000/1d box will be made with 3/4" mdf nothing to specail as of yet later prolly make better box but want to do something good but simple on this first box oh the subs handle 250 rms per coil and the amp puts out 1200 rms at 1ohm subs handle 1500 max per speaker and max output of amp is 2000 not the best system but give pretty good thump for the money i put into it so far

Edited by LordArcane

Port is 2"w X 10" h X 13 1/4"d each camber is 1.3cubes max listing for my alpine type-r 10s box should be 32-34 hz tuned from my math and running a power acoustik bamf 2000/1d box will be made with 3/4" mdf nothing to specail as of yet later prolly make better box but want to do something good but simple on this first box oh the subs handle 250 rms per coil and the amp puts out 1200 rms at 1ohm subs handle 1500 max per speaker and max output of amp is 2000 not the best system but give pretty good thump for the money i put into it so far

From my experience alpines sound great right at recommended specs. tuning it to 32 would be perfect for a good "medium". Try not to give them more then 100 rms past manufacturers recommended. When you build your enclosure take your time its worth it. Also you should run 1/0 wire alot of noobies try and run smaller but its not good. think thats it.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

From my experience alpines sound great right at recommended specs. tuning it to 32 would be perfect for a good "medium". Try not to give them more then 100 rms past manufacturers recommended. When you build your enclosure take your time its worth it. Also you should run 1/0 wire alot of noobies try and run smaller but its not good. think thats it.

from my math each coil should only be getting 50 rms more then what they say and as for taking my time i been building this box over and over in my head on paper and with google sketchup7. my tuning might be off by 1hz or so but should be between 32-34 hz should be anyways, power wise i got 130 amp alt front battery, rear battery, 1 fraud cap( will be up grading to capcell since they are more like a battery but still get me the fast power surges, and all the wire front to rear to amp is 0/2 right now plan on upgrading that also when i can afford it, speaker wire from amp to subs is all 8 gauge. in time i would like to run all 1/0 power wires a 4 channel amp and new door mids and highs and new dash highs, don't plan on putting in after market deck soon since i've grow very fond of my steering wheel controls :) but i do have mtx re-q prosseser to run the amps would like the rf 3sixty but can't afford that right now :( so much to do so little money what i cruel world we live in

from my math each coil should only be getting 50 rms more then what they say and as for taking my time i been building this box over and over in my head on paper and with google sketchup7. my tuning might be off by 1hz or so but should be between 32-34 hz should be anyways, power wise i got 130 amp alt front battery, rear battery, 1 fraud cap( will be up grading to capcell since they are more like a battery but still get me the fast power surges, and all the wire front to rear to amp is 0/2 right now plan on upgrading that also when i can afford it, speaker wire from amp to subs is all 8 gauge. in time i would like to run all 1/0 power wires a 4 channel amp and new door mids and highs and new dash highs, don't plan on putting in after market deck soon since i've grow very fond of my steering wheel controls :) but i do have mtx re-q prosseser to run the amps would like the rf 3sixty but can't afford that right now :( so much to do so little money what i cruel world we live in

If you got 2/0 that's bigger than 1/0 so there'd be no reason to change to 1/0

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

my bad ment to say 2 gauge power and ground wires, need more moutain dew not awake anymore lol

Lol I know how it is and yeah 1/0 is a good upgrade I personally like http://knukonceptz.com/ for wire they are very affordable and their 1/0 Flex is some of the best cable I've used.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Dear Steve,

So I just built a box for my two 12inch PowerBase 12's and they are being powered by a lanzar Vibe 241. When I turn the volume up, it seems like the subs don't hit as hard anymore. Would this be because the amp is crap and not able to pump out as much watt as the manufacturer says or do my subs just suck?

Specs on subs

Posted Image

Specs on amp

# 2 x 200 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms

# 2 x 500 Watts Max at 4 Ohms

# 1 x 800 Watts Max at 4 Ohms Bridged

# 2 x 375 Watts at 2 Ohms

Wired like

Posted Image

Box Specs

Posted Image

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a new HO alternator for my truck and dunno what size to get. I found the 240 amp / 165 amp idle amputator alternator from Iraggi but I dunno if it will work or if I should get something higher.

I am running a kenwood kdc-x492 head unit, 4 kenwood KFC-C6882ie 3 way speakers, 2 kenwood kfc w3011 subs, a kenwood kac-8404 powering my speakers and a kenwood kac-9104d powering my subs. its wired for 900w rms going to the subs and 200w rms for my speakers. Will the alternator listed above work for my setup?

thanks in advance!