Hello,

First time poster here, long time audio enthusiast. Just thought I would bring up a product that might be interesting to test out for all those who like using capacitors.

There made by maxwell and they call them ultracapacitors. Mainly designed for hybrid vehicles and support up to 16v, or you can make your own configurations using there 2.7v caps.

I think these might do a great job in keeping the votage stable.

They make many different size farad capacitors ranging from 20 farad to 500 farad.

I'm interested in trying there 110 Farad cap. Seing what your thoghts were.

bmod0110_p016_module_v2.jpg

Manufacturer site

http://www.maxwell.com/ultracapacitors/pro...d0110-16-2v.asp

Site where they are sold

http://www.tecategroup.com/store/index.php...products_id=112

Techincal documentation

http://www.tecategroup.com/capacitors/data...16v_1009363.pdf

Matt

My Explorer build Log

http://forum.soundpressure.com/showthread.php?t=3202

interesting... looks a little pricey for the market IMO

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

interesting... looks a little pricey for the market IMO

Yeaa I thoght that at first but when you think about high end power products they cost allot.

A Kinetik HC 2400 retails for $500 and lasts about 5 years, this thing retails for about $450 and lasts forever. (I just have to find a cheaper place to get them)

Not saying they do the same thing just trying to put costs in prospective.

I think this cap would pair up well with a couple 2400's

I got to do some more research though.

Edited by SilverSPL

Its interesting to me but the prices are close to the type of caps I'm useing already.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Its interesting to me but the prices are close to the type of caps I'm useing already.

I'm useing the RF CPCC1 MSRP $650

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Now that I'm thinking about it mine is only 50 farad.

Terryswork001.png

I'am a battery man myself

I was interested in those hybrid batt/caps- which I guess are just battcaps, and they retail in the $80-180 range- discounted of course, but equal to 50-100 farads

Silver, was looking at your build, thats a really nice build there, lots of craftsmanship

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Just went through all 23 pages, Kinda sad to see you ripped it all out!! especially with no videos! lol. Everything looked amazing! 9.8/10! Only thing I didn't like was you cutting up the middle seat, and scratching the ac :censored:

Those aq 8's sould get down though! Let us know how it is man! make yourself comfortable here and show us some vids :D

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

Just went through all 23 pages, Kinda sad to see you ripped it all out!! especially with no videos! lol. Everything looked amazing! 9.8/10! Only thing I didn't like was you cutting up the middle seat, and scratching the ac :censored:

Those aq 8's sould get down though! Let us know how it is man! make yourself comfortable here and show us some vids :D

Thanks, yeaa those 8's do get very low

Those 15's are for sale for $700 each if interested

Yeaa I need to do some vids