Tahoexfixssd's Yukon TEARDOWN

All bullshit aside that is some professional ass work right there. Keep doing what your doing and you'll land a job somewhere.

Drew

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman,xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer, SPLluminator

alrietyy i got some more picsss.

i put 2 more vertical 2x4 braces in and also 45'd the bottom and made it all nice and smooth with some culk. i also added a piece of allthread on the main supports.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i first glued the back board on with come liquid nails and then countersunk and screwed it all. a piece of 1/2 will be added to this later for the amps to mount to.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i have to touch up the inside a little bit, i used come cult the was white the dried clear lol gotta paint over that. but so far the paint is hard as a rock!

Posted Image

here is is with the amp and side trim panels in place. i was going to make new ones but upon ripping the vinyl off the old, realized that they just needed a little bit of trimming and cleanin up and theyl work fine!

o and BTW the xtc baffles were added also to house some selenium super tweets. they have a layer of fiberglass on the back of them to make them sturdyer, although i think once i seal them off by puting the tweeter in that they wont flex.

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

• 2 weeks later...

well i did some work over the weekend and got all the mechanical work on the door shaving done. also got the amp trim panal done and i am currently workin gon the battery area. here are some pics

Posted Image

old dirty ass latch mech.

Posted Image

cleaned it off with some brake cleaner

Posted Image

AVS bolt on solenoid.

Posted Image

to off the spring and bolted the solenoid assembly to the old lock lever since locking the door is pointless now lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

bolted the latch back in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

attached the cable to the interior handle and crimped it onto the cable running from the latch.

Posted Image

door popper:) gotta paint the door jams i knoww

Posted Image

and heres the relays and wiring. ran all the necessary wiring to the doors and the emergency wire. i didnt take any pics because i left the relay pack and all power and ground leads loose becasue i still have alot of wiring to do under the dash. but i used the back up wire to test and it works great! haha now all i gotta do is work on the sheet metal.

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

Goodness! You do fast work and do it well. That box is most def. gonna' pop. :good:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

here are some pics of the trim panal for my amps. its made out of 1/4" MDF. .the amps are mounted on 3/8" mdf blocks to allow more air to run under them and also wiring to be ran behind. i used some 1" PVC board on the bottom to mount the panal to with screws al the way through.

Posted Image

Posted Image

my jig i made for the router. used a flush trim bit to cut out the holes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

thats it for now with the trim panal. its jsut tacked up

Posted Image

haha i was playiin with photoshop and decided to c what it would look like with shaved handles

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

Archived