When Ur Bass Over Powers The Mid-high U Need More Watts On The Door Speakers?

so when ur highs like sound all distorted when ur beatin hard thats cause u need bigger doors speakers??? and should u definetly get a 4 channel if u have lots of sub so it will sound clear??

starting fresh, chrysler 300.. no subs amp nothin

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

they sound distorted or muffled from the bass?

if they distort, your trying to push your headunit too hard to power them. if they sound muffled, you would need an external amp, but only if the speakers can handle it

they sound distorted or muffled from the bass?

if they distort, your trying to push your headunit too hard to power them. if they sound muffled, you would need an external amp, but only if the speakers can handle it

so in order to beat hard as hell and have loud clear mids-highs u need biggeer speakers an a lil 4 channel amp??

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

no... it means ur distorting ur speakers

most stock speakers dont have crossovers to prevent subbass from being produced by them, which is the subs job

if u cannot hear mids/vocals... likely u do need more power/better speakers

most people can be satisfied with a 100-200 watts component set for 2000w+ bass setups

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

sounds like your wanting your speaker to do something they cant and that problem is to scream like hell,...

so you in return turn them up so much to the LIMITS and they sound like crap,..

so what id suggest is looking into a nice set up, of highs, with a amp to push them and you should invest in some nice tweeters also. I use a horn style tweeter,. and they are ear piercing

Not saying yours sound like crap,... but we all hit this spot on the road to improving our sound quantity

sounds like your wanting your speaker to do something they cant and that problem is to scream like hell,...

so you in return turn them up so much to the LIMITS and they sound like crap,..

so what id suggest is looking into a nice set up, of highs, with a amp to push them and you should invest in some nice tweeters also. I use a horn style tweeter,. and they are ear piercing

Not saying yours sound like crap,... but we all hit this spot on the road to improving our sound quantity

yea they sound fine its just its muffled alot when im past like 30vol. and thats when it was beatin the best the basss sounded clean but the high were muffled i was just double checkin before i bought a 4 channel

yea they sound fine its just its muffled alot when im past like 30vol. and thats when it was beatin the best the basss sounded clean but the high were muffled i was just double checkin before i bought a 4 channel

my door speakers do the same thing when i get around volume 23 24 but if im at 22 or below it sounds fine. as soon as i go from 22 to 23 it does like what youre saying sounding muffled.

My New Build checklist:

(3) 18'' btl fully loaded d2

I think its time you start doing research on the net about car audio bro. Not trying to be mean but you ask alot of simple searchable questions! Just look and see if you can find info on your questions. Search basic car audio on the net and it will anwer ALOT of questions you have!

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

the only advice i can give on the amp question is u only need a 4ch when u got more than 4 speakers, if u got 4 speakers u could run a good 2ch amp n run it at 2ohm and get more power that a way cause most 4channel amps need to be down to 2ohm befor u get much power from them and the only diff between the few is u can adjust rears to be louder or what knot n u could fade from front to back, and if ur bass over powers ur mids n highs u either need to get rid of factory and get a good comp set and a good amp all u really need is a 2ch but if u want 4channel thats fine to btu it wont be as much efficent power tho that away and it would strain the amp to produce the wattage at 4ohm that it should do at 2ohm, but if ur mids n highs distort when u turn it up if u have to much bass goin threw mids n highs u'll more than likely get clipping if ur not giveing em enulf power, all i can think of is adjust ur bass/mid/treb on headunit to compinsate for the distortion, it helped my setup and i can go all the way to 40(full tilt) with out any distortion and if ur sla on headunit is past 0 it will get more distorted i got mine set to 0 so i can use more volume than rather have it louder at a lower volume, hope this helps

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

• 2 weeks later...
the only advice i can give on the amp question is u only need a 4ch when u got more than 4 speakers, if u got 4 speakers u could run a good 2ch amp n run it at 2ohm and get more power that a way cause most 4channel amps need to be down to 2ohm befor u get much power from them and the only diff between the few is u can adjust rears to be louder or what knot n u could fade from front to back, and if ur bass over powers ur mids n highs u either need to get rid of factory and get a good comp set and a good amp all u really need is a 2ch but if u want 4channel thats fine to btu it wont be as much efficent power tho that away and it would strain the amp to produce the wattage at 4ohm that it should do at 2ohm, but if ur mids n highs distort when u turn it up if u have to much bass goin threw mids n highs u'll more than likely get clipping if ur not giveing em enulf power, all i can think of is adjust ur bass/mid/treb on headunit to compinsate for the distortion, it helped my setup and i can go all the way to 40(full tilt) with out any distortion and if ur sla on headunit is past 0 it will get more distorted i got mine set to 0 so i can use more volume than rather have it louder at a lower volume, hope this helps

:huh::blink::unsure:

Umm..there are plenty of 4 channel amps that will do as much rms as a 2 channel..the 2 ohm thingy majiger confuses me too and not all decks have sla.

Maybe I have been up way to laet, but nothing you said is making much sense to me.. :sad:-_-

----------------------------

Basically, you need to get rid of fact speakers and do a good 2 or 4 channel amp (i'd prefer 4 but for fade and personal pref.) and have some adjust your shit right. Take it to a good local shop and have it done. Even ask them what to go with...granted they are going to try and sell you w/e, but at least it will sound right and hopefully good for w/e is in your budget. I hope dude above me was drunk when he typed that or I'm dog dick tired and it really makes sense later( 12 hour shifts, but its time to go home now).

(not to be a dick..not meaning to offend) :8)

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown