Second Skin Audio

Folded Horns vs 4th order & 6th?

Guest MegaloManiac

Guest MegaloManiac

I was looking into folded horns and a 4th order bandpassor 6th order. Has anyone had expieriences with either? Which one seems to have more output, and which has the best SQ on music?

http://www.hexibase.com/forum/

they have a lot of info there if you post it  you will get a reply

sorry i have a sixth order series tuned

so far i love  it   the series tuned part is suppose to help with controling the movement of the speaker  i am still hooking every thing up but have done some testing seems to be way louder than the ported box that they were in before

from the info i found on the 6th order it was that the peak was a lot flater  and is a lot more effishant (spelling?) than a regular ported box

here are some pics they are on here somewhere else too

100_0730.jpg

00139_02.png

100_0726.jpg

100_0708.jpg

00139_03.png

Guest MegaloManiac

aah yes, i saw that box on the site u gave. u altered the square port to round.

i pmd 80inches on ca.com, hes designin a 4th order for my Mag right now, he said i'll have it by 9am tomarro.lol

thats not a horn tho

I have built about 4-5 tline bandpasses, and they sound great, and are pretty easy to build. And I have a thread on here of a Tapered Tline Bandpass Iso config sub set up Iam doing with 2- 15s

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Guest MegaloManiac

thats not a horn tho

I have built about 4-5 tline bandpasses, and they sound great, and are pretty easy to build. And I have a thread on here of a Tapered Tline Bandpass Iso config sub set up Iam doing with 2- 15s

i know its not a horn. i wanted to knw which one would have better output and overall sq hence the "vs"