Zade08 Posted December 8, 2008 Report Posted December 8, 2008 I currently have a pioneer deck putting out a 4 volt signal. Would I notice a difference in spl installing an 8 volt line driver. And if so does phoenix gold make a descent one. Im looking for something around $50 shipped. Heres the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-TLD66-CAR...%3A1%7C294%3A50 Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592 All out for a rebuild. New shit coming in the next 30 days.
Zade08 Posted December 8, 2008 Author Report Posted December 8, 2008 Bump. Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592 All out for a rebuild. New shit coming in the next 30 days.
Bass4Lyfe Posted December 16, 2008 Report Posted December 16, 2008 Yes, you would notice a difference. PG makes some good ones I have heard, I think I just bought the one you're looking at actually. 8 Volts might be a bit much for any amp (RF amps usually like <5.5 but that's just on the specs..) but it will always help. Gain is an input/output signal MATCHER. so you increase the gain if you have a lower signal input, and you decrease it if you have a higher one. With the new preouts (from 4 to 6, 8 whatever you set it to) you will be able to decrease your gain without sacrificing volume. What you WILL gain (no pun intended) is bass clarity, punchyness (this is a scientific word) and less distortion. I think it will help, go for it! PM if you need any more help bro, I doubt I'll find this thread again ~Matthew 1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3L (1) ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W-1 2-Way Remote Start Alarm with Shock and Proximity (1) 20% Tint All Around (Gately Audio) (1) 250 Amperage HO Alternator (1) Big 3 Done In 1/0 (2) Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell (1) Alpine IVA-D106 Receiver (1) Peripheral Video Bypass Device (4) Alpine SPS-17C2 Speakers (1) Alpine KCE-422i iPod Control Interface (4) Sheets Dynamat Extreme; for speakers (1) 10 Square Feet Hushmat (Trunk & Rear Deck) (4) DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 Subwoofer w/ Level 5 Coils (1) Wall Built By David, Tuned to 32 Hz (1) Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Amplifier (1) Stinger 1/0 Wiring (2 runs of + 2 runs of -) (1) Stinger Volt Meter
sayhuh? Posted December 17, 2008 Report Posted December 17, 2008 Question within your question...I have the same line driver, but haven't hooked it up because I have an eq (clarion) that puts out up to 7volts...would the PG be a waste, a bad thing, or a good thing to hook up in line with the eq? (not sure if the eq does a true 7 volts) Blown
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.