Fish Chris Posted December 10, 2008 Report Posted December 10, 2008 Finally got my 8" mid-bass drivers; http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...4663301#reviews And Damnit Jim ! I can't believe how hefty, and sexy these things are in real life ! You know how more often than not, a product online is made to look like the shiznit, then you get it, and your totally let down ? Not with these. These look and feel top quality. Only weird thing though..... The tinsel leads {I think thats what the wires from the terminals to the back of the cone are called, right ?} look really thin ! Of course these are "not" Subwoofers.... and are only rated for 80wts RMS {I'm going to be giving them 111... guess we will see :-) But just holding and seeing these things in person, you'd think they could handle 250 RMS, and / or could be used as a straight up subwoofer. Hmmm. But damn...... Good luck making these beefy ass things fit in my doors ! Hmmmm, Fish
00sdime00 Posted December 10, 2008 Report Posted December 10, 2008 I'm running the RS-180's(7") in my truck and I love them. Very good bang for the buck driver.....and I wouldnt worry much about the tinsel leads. A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it. My Youtube vids...enjoy anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]
Forevrbumpn Posted December 10, 2008 Report Posted December 10, 2008 Yeah those are pretty nice mids I missed it when Dayton had the reference series mid bass drivers, I think they were made by Peerless, or Scanspeak, they are just no longer available :-( I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.