headunit selection

i've heard nothin but good from all 3,but panasonic and the pioneer are the ones im havin a hard time to choose from,i just want something that does mp3s,and my boys panasonic 1703u is real clean and i used to have a pioneer cant remember the model but is was around 180 at the shop,had a lot of shit on it to,kinda confusing but it played real clear too

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0

so youve never owned a panasonic, but yet its outta the question? my panasonic blew away my kenwood and both of my buddies btw. cant rag on something youve never owned.

Last time I checked, I didnt rag on Panasonic....I just said "it was out of the question". Dont remember saying it was a piece of shit, da controls are goofy, and it looks gay. I never said anything like that I just said "It was outta the question" for ME. How is that ragging? I wonder if those were Kenwoods lower $200 models cuz Im not impressed with those...but once u start getting the Excelon models then I doubt a Panasonic can keep up with it....It may but to me it wont.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

so youve never owned a panasonic, but yet its outta the question? my panasonic blew away my kenwood and both of my buddies btw. cant rag on something youve never owned.

Last time I checked, I didnt rag on Panasonic....I just said "it was out of the question". Dont remember saying it was a piece of shit, da controls are goofy, and it looks gay. I never said anything like that I just said "It was outta the question" for ME. How is that ragging? I wonder if those were Kenwoods lower $200 models cuz Im not impressed with those...but once u start getting the Excelon models then I doubt a Panasonic can keep up with it....It may but to me it wont.

one was an excelon and one wasnt. either way, mine and my other buddies panasonics sounded better than them. and how do they look gay? theyre clean and the controls are some of the easiest ones ive used. and this is for someone else, so why would you say something is out of the question for YOU? makes no sense to me. but like youve said, youve never owned one, so how could you say something "bad" about it?
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Guest Nismofreak

I had a panasonic head unit but was around $100. It was crap but the truth is what you pay for is what you get. The flip outs the nicest ones I thing> But the headunit was 5 years old. I personally like boss audio recivers because they have a lot of features.

one was an excelon and one wasnt. either way, mine and my other buddies panasonics sounded better than them. and how do they look gay? theyre clean and the controls are some of the easiest ones ive used. and this is for someone else, so why would you say something is out of the question for YOU? makes no sense to me. but like youve said, youve never owned one, so how could you say something "bad" about it?

Read what I said....I never said anything bad about them except that they were out of the question for ME. And when I said that they look gay and the controls and all that; that was a example of ragging. Meaning I wasnt ragging on Panasonic I just personally dont like em, but I didnt talk down on them is what I was saying. I was telling him my preferences in HUs, because he asked what we thought; thats why. But when I said they were a piece of crap and all that....I just saying that...that those are sum of the things u here when people rag on sumthing and I never said anything like that, so I wasnt ragging on them. He asked what we thought and I said I love Excelons first then Pioneers and I dont care too much for Alpines and I would never buy a Panasonic. Even though I havent owned a Panasonic, I had heard a few of em and I didnt like either one. Its alot of stuff that uve never owned that u dont like and would never buy. What if somebody said what should I get...Pyle subs or Fi subs? uve probably never owned a Pyle sub but u probably would never buy em either. And the first time somebody tries to sell u some u'll probably frown on them. Thats the same thing here....yea Ive never owned a Panasonic but I know enough to know I dont like em.

Its all good though man, but u just need to realize everybody doesnt like everything u like or own. I like Autotek amps but Im sure its sum people up here that dont like em but thats not gonna stop me from liking them. U like Panasonic and I dont.....I like Kenwood and u dont. Ur not gonna change ur opinion on Kenwood just because I like em and Im certainly not gonna change mine about Panasonic just because u like Panasonic....Everybody has a preferance....accept it.

i do accept it. i never said i dont like kenwood. i do like them as a matter of fact. im not trying to start a feud or anything neither.

Oh nah.....never anything like that....Its a forum, people's opions are going to differ. I was just letting u know I wasnt ragging on Panasonic, I just dont like em. Thats all....But it looks like ol dude is kinda hell bent on getting the Panasonic.