Thanks carolinacartel. The problem with the PT is there is just not enough room in the back.....I think anyway.

Here are the finished measurements:

38L, 22H, 18D(bottom), 14D(Top)

Port:

36L, 3.5H, 9D

Will the dim on that box ^^^ work in the pt? Do the box have to be tamper if the subs are up?

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

4 facing up wont work. The hatch area in a PT goes from being deep at the bottom and gets narrow towards the top.

No matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere, is sick of her shit.

99 Tahoe:

2-10" MA Audio

4-6.5" Kenwood door speakers

Total Amp

Sony HU

Thanks carolinacartel. The problem with the PT is there is just not enough room in the back.....I think anyway.

Here are the finished measurements:

38L, 22H, 18D(bottom), 14D(Top)

Port:

36L, 3.5H, 9D

Posted Image

ok i see what you mean. I got a idea for a design if you give me the dims

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Lots of tuning experts here can help you with your current box, if it is a little too small, the port tuning is likely higher than you wanted. IMO you gotta get them the minimal required airspace, then tune the port from there. It's tough cause then you have to decide if less subs with more power would be better. Been there done that!...I pretty much got the tune I wanted, but not the power.

If you decide to go bigger you just have to decide if you are ready to go with a 2-seater PT! :D

...maybe all of us can start a SMD PT Gang! :drinks:

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Thanks Neo. I seen PTCarys a few months back but never yours. From that vid you had posted, that baby hit! Im thinking of going bigger already. Maybe 4 15's facing forward with a big nasty port? Really not sure just yet. The 4-10's just aint giving me the thump I expected. We keep thinking maybe the port is off or the box is too small.

If I posted the finished build measurements from the outside and the port measurements, could someone possibly tell me if my port is the issue or if the box is too small? I'm really concerned because the first prefab box was 2.0cf per sub and it hit pretty hard. This box now I believe is right at 6.0cf total. I must have thrown away the paper with all the measurements on it.

When you say 4 15s facing forward, you mean a wall? Because there's no possible way to fit that behind the back seat with a sufficient port (if that's what you want). And even if you found a way, the box would be all crazy do to the curves of the back hatch and you'd be lacking a lot of airspace.

But if you were to do a wallof 4 15s, you wouldn't have much room for a port. I would suggest doing 12s on a wall or even 10s. I only say this because the PT is not tall enough inside even after gutting the back.

You could however fit 4 15s facing up with a port back... :D

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Carolina, 38L, 22H, 19D(bottom) 13D(Top)

Neo, no back seats. I dont want to have to go that route, but I must have more lol. I have been told that if those 4 10's are in the right box it would be hitting alot harder than what it is.

Like I said earlier, when I had 2 of the tens in a prefab 4.0cf total ported box, it hit hard. I am barely above that even after adding 2 more and about 800 more watts.

No matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere, is sick of her shit.

99 Tahoe:

2-10" MA Audio

4-6.5" Kenwood door speakers

Total Amp

Sony HU

Team kicker and no design ideas for me lol. What did you have?

2 optima g31 yellow tops

2 kicker kz2500.1

kicker solo-x 18

once finished, this setup would do 153's at 30hz on dash with tl.

beginning stages, box not finished

Posted Image

playing music

Posted Image

burping and tour of install (not finished)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Archived