Custom Subwoofer Now For Sale..pg 4

awesome mang, love seeing how this is coming along, looks like some beefy parts going into it, what kinda power are you gonna feed it? should be b/a man

'98 Dodge Durango 5.9L

5% front windows, 2.5% on all backs

Alpine CDA-9883

Kicker ZX350.4

Kicker KS650's in all doors

Kicker 1/0 hyperflex

a%20steezy1.png

Not sure yet, as far as right now, I don't have much of a power system in my Denali, I plan on buying a Sundown 1200 at least after Christmas.

But this sub is going up for sale after I beat on it, make sure there is nothing wrong, and that it can handle some abuse

I'am assembling 50% of this with---- CA. I usually use epoxy, but The epoxy is a couple weeks out on order. I will use the black rubber CA, the thick CA, and some other epoxy I use for emergency sub repair.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Almost done.... made my spider clamp. I should have just waited for the epoxy... I still don't CA even after seeing how easy it can be to use.

Pics comming shortly

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Posted Image

This is Foamed PVC, looked like some pretty descent stuff to start with

Posted Image

had to do some exacting cuts, little trick to keep everything in place is to use spray adhesive to one side and a sheet of mdf on the baskside the the PVC material doesn't move while your cutting it

Posted Image

I added some 0.75" alum spacers instead of cutting the former height down 0.75". I really want the former down low, so I can use these inverted aluminum domes I have, only prob is, I need the former to stick up no more than 3/8" inch

Posted Image

bottom bead

Posted Image

top bead

Posted Image

Posted Image

close up look of the spider clamp

Posted Image

still debating whether to solder the leads to the terminals, or to use ring terminals to the terminals- My solder iron tip sucks, so I may have to crimp it

:mellow:

So, I just need to do the ring terminals, and solder the leads to the coil, Epoxy the top, and glue the dome, and off for testing

sundown.jpg

can you share the site where you ordered the parts from spider/coil and the like. i have a few motors and baskets laying around too.

Maybe, but then I'd have to kill you

:diablo:

Well, there are a few companies, alot are over seas, what Iam doing is since I have a few "hook ups" here in the US, they are getting me the parts, and I am assembling them

Trust me, its so much harder to get proper parts than most think- A spider, coil, and cone- If you want things done right, you need to know things like spider compliance, gauge thickness of coil, windings, how long to order the tinned leads on a coil, OD and ID of spiders, cup spider, or flat, or progressive spider, height of the cone from mounting to coil opening, weight.

Lots of factors

sundown.jpg

Well, for this, Iam gonna pound it hard first (un domed) to make sure the spider pack is glued down properly, then if all is good, I will dome it, and sell it

If I do get it sold, maybe $200 range, parts along cost me about half that

sundown.jpg

more-more ... Kepp up the good work man.

May I ask you regarding the bedliner ..? how ruff is it and do u need to use a primer with it? ...also do you have any idea how it compares to flectone.. planning to use it on wood if that will make any differece.

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

Archived