Sonic Electronix

ight guys so im finally going to go to a comp dis weekend but just wanted to get a little advice before i go (it will be my first time to go). i have a fi btl 18" 08 model and a sundown 3000d. i have never got metered before so i have know clue where my speaker is peakin. my box is 7.5cuft tuned to 32hz. what do you guys recommend for my burp frequency. (just somewhere to start)

Play a sweep as mentioned above. If it's a termlab and they're nice you can pull up the numerical data to get your exact peak.

If you're tuned at 32hz then your box probably peaks in the car about 6hz or so above that.

Because your cabin is quite small you might get lucky and having a resonance node of your box peak within the frequency limit (is it 80hz in USACI? It is in dbdrag...) - if you have a peak at 35hz try it at 70hz as well.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

The usaci I went to let you borrow a cd, Then they told me to put it on track 19. It's a sine sweep. That was my first run. the second run they told me to turn it to track 57, that was the hertz I hit best on the sweep.

Went real smooth and gave me my best number possible at that particular time I think.

Archived