Sonic Electronix

Unfortunatly I have to much bass now for my headunit to handle without skipping like crazy(eclipse cd5423). I've never used an mp3 player and my wife has an ipod but only has an FM transmitter to run it in the car which I don't care for. I think my headunit has an 1/8'' phone plug connection in the back for external devices such as mp3 players. So I guess my question is does anyone have a setup like this and know what the cord looks like and also what are some good units to use? Is the sound quality anywhere near as good with the same amount of bass as a CD?

TDH FTW !!!

i just use a clarion head unit with the "music catcher" feature. its an internal hard drive that absolutely will not skip.

Yeah I heard good things about those just can't afford a new headunit right now. Can anyone suggest a good mp3 player with good sound quality. I was looking at a Sony for $89.99 that claims to have CD quality sound.

TDH FTW !!!

Yeah I heard good things about those just can't afford a new headunit right now. Can anyone suggest a good mp3 player with good sound quality. I was looking at a Sony for $89.99 that claims to have CD quality sound.

i had 30gb ipod for a while (until i dropped it in soda) their pretty decent the sound quality is great unless you try runnin it threw one of their preset equalizers and then its just ruined. its also pretty reliable only froze up maybe twice but thats caus i wasnt usin it the way intended really. my girl had the zune with the big screen and it had a equalizer you could adjust yourself but the battery life on it suckd and she couldnt look at pics without it freezin all the time.

It really depends on the bitrate of the MP3s for quality. Higher the better. An iPod will do just fine if you can hook it up and use high quality rips with no clipping. Downloads tend to have bad quality or clipping so rip from your own CDs.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/