Second Skin Audio

Question About Fi Bls

siucsaluki11

I have a 2000 chevy blazer. I have the stock alt making 110A, a stock batt, not the original, but nothing fancy, and a single run of 4ga. This is all fine and good for my current setup, at the moment only pushing ~700w.

But im looking towards the future, and i see Fi in my car. But im between the BLs and the SSDs. 18s or 15s, thinkin a pair of 18s would hit pretty well. But how much electrical upgrading will i need to do? What amp should i match these up with. I have heard that the 1000w rating on them is pretty low and that they can take much more. What all would i have to do to my electrical system if i were to throw a pair of BLs in my blazer?

Side thought...would i have to do a little upgrade to the rear suspension too? Im guessin its gunna have some noticable sag after its all said and done.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

I have a 2000 chevy blazer. I have the stock alt making 110A, a stock batt, not the original, but nothing fancy, and a single run of 4ga. This is all fine and good for my current setup, at the moment only pushing ~700w.

But im looking towards the future, and i see Fi in my car. But im between the BLs and the SSDs. 18s or 15s, thinkin a pair of 18s would hit pretty well. But how much electrical upgrading will i need to do? What amp should i match these up with. I have heard that the 1000w rating on them is pretty low and that they can take much more. What all would i have to do to my electrical system if i were to throw a pair of BLs in my blazer?

Side thought...would i have to do a little upgrade to the rear suspension too? Im guessin its gunna have some noticable sag after its all said and done.

add some 0 gauge and an upgraded bat. do the big 3 and you will be fine. If you want to run 2 of those...do all of the berfore mentioned maybe add another bat and upgrade your alt to someing like a 170 ++ amps

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

add some 0 gauge and an upgraded bat. do the big 3 and you will be fine. If you want to run 2 of those...do all of the berfore mentioned maybe add another bat and upgrade your alt to someing like a 170 ++ amps

I have them in my Civic. I am still bumping them everytime I go somewhere. Fully loaded they are awesome subs that handle a great deal of power. I love mine and you should to if you purchase some.

see...Its gunna be a few months till ill make the purchase, but im kinda stuck between a pair of SSDs or a pair of BLs. From what i was told the BLs will handle well over 1000w. Would feeding them 1000 still sound good? I imagine it will be loud as hell either way. Ive seen alot of people running a single 3000w amp, sundown or AQ or something similar, to power 2 BLs. From what i can tell, that would ensure that i would need to go with thebig 3, 1/0 when i do it of course, upgraded amp, and atleast 1 extra batt, and 1/0 from the front to the back.

Other day i did all the math, adding the stuff up, i wanna say it was close to a grand in electrical upgrades.

If i were to stay with the SSDs, would i still need to do all that? Just 2 of them on a 2000w amp (not each, just 1 for both of them), watching the gains and boost so as not to fry them.

I mean, im gunna be flat on my ass broke for the next 4 months probably, so it wont be goin in then :(

Just trying to see what im going to be needing to save up for and decide on my final route, SSD or BL, 2 18s or 2 15s. Definately thinking a pair of 18s, but just not sure on the SSD vs. BL issue. The BLs dont cost much more, its just the amount of electrical upgrades required to put them in is higher than needed for the SSD

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

i had two 15" bl's on a massive audio p3000 and it got down pretty damn good. i hit a 148.xx on the tl. amp blew but the subs are still running like champs. upgradin to 6 -18" btl's. look out meade im commin for ya :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick:

what was this in?

Think 18s wouldda given you the extra 2 dBs to break into the 150s?

Think i could hit 150 in an S10 Blazer off of 2 18" BLs?

not intending on it, not now atleast

possibly in the near future, but its my DD so if i do wall it, it would be behind the 2nd row of seats

Archived