Sundown Audio

Amp For A Pair Of 18" Bls

siucsaluki11

So im going to be doing a new system, and am trying to figure out what its gunna cost me, so im trying to look around for amps and see what ill be needing. Ive heard these subs can handle well over heir rated power. So far Im looking at Hifonics Brutus series, AQ2200D or the 3k version, or american bass VLF 110 or 120 amp. Im open to other suggestions. Id like to have one amp for both subs. Im looking for somethin that is going to be a good reliable product and if possible not cost too much (over 1k for the amp itself).

I have a '00 blazer 4dr with a stock 110A alt and a stock batt (been replaced but its not a red/yellow top or anything fancy.). I realize ill be needing to upgrade the alt, big 3 in 1/0, and 1/0 for the batt to the amp. But as far as H.O. alts and 2nd batts, what should i be looking at? Also, im planning on getting a module from MLA. What would be a good voltage to have that set at? I was thinking maybe 15.3 or so, but i really dont know too much about electrical upgrades in a car, so idk if thats enough/too much.

Anyway, any and all helpful input is greatly appreciated.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

well i plan on running 2 18" bl's in my s-10 and i plan on getting a sundown saz 3000. and im getting a 200 amp alt and prolly 2 power master 3100's. especially if your willing to spend 1000 just for the amp. might as well get the most u can

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

So im going to be doing a new system, and am trying to figure out what its gunna cost me, so im trying to look around for amps and see what ill be needing. Ive heard these subs can handle well over heir rated power. So far Im looking at Hifonics Brutus series, AQ2200D or the 3k version, or american bass VLF 110 or 120 amp. Im open to other suggestions. Id like to have one amp for both subs. Im looking for somethin that is going to be a good reliable product and if possible not cost too much (over 1k for the amp itself).

I have a '00 blazer 4dr with a stock 110A alt and a stock batt (been replaced but its not a red/yellow top or anything fancy.). I realize ill be needing to upgrade the alt, big 3 in 1/0, and 1/0 for the batt to the amp. But as far as H.O. alts and 2nd batts, what should i be looking at? Also, im planning on getting a module from MLA. What would be a good voltage to have that set at? I was thinking maybe 15.3 or so, but i really dont know too much about electrical upgrades in a car, so idk if thats enough/too much.

Anyway, any and all helpful input is greatly appreciated.

I have two American Bass VFL 100.1s

Image85.jpg

for $580 shipped.

A Sundown 3000 will power them nicely. I buddy of mine have two BL 18 and a 3000 and they hit a 150 sealed with a box tuning of 32 Hz peaking at 40Hz.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

15.3 is ok for your system optimas can handle on 16 volt peak. Give Mechman a PM about the alt and batteries he has hella good prices.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

I have two American Bass VFL 100.1s

Image85.jpg

for $580 shipped.

thanks, but i wish i had the money right now. Im taking courses at acoustic edge the next 3-4 months and ill be broke, so its not gunna happen for a few months. Im thinking of maybe trying to run a single amp. Well, which would have less current draw on the car's electrical system as a whole, 1 amp or two? When i finally go to do the new install, if you still got those amps, id be glad to buy them off you.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

damn, why cant i have money right now? Those look like some great prices, and ive heard good things about the sundowns. how about the AQs? Any good/worth the money?