Air Intake questions

I agree with you. Cams are one of the most important parts to add on, and one of the most difficult too. I don't have dyno time, and honestly, everything that I know about cars and buidling motors...I learned from reading books and countless magazines on how to do it. I had prolly close to 600 magazines and books from the last 8+ years (the wife got tired of them laying around everywhere so I tossed out about 300 when we moved  :waaa:). Since I was 15...if it had something to do with performance I was reading it, LoL. I've had a "hot rod" truck, the 69 C-10 I told you about in another topic, and although I didn't build the motor...the cam maintenance was the hardest thing to keep up. If it has to do with an older carb'd motor, I can answer damn near any question there is, I think...LoL.But when it comes to newer stuff, it's like Chinese to me. The whole electronics thing messes me up. So that's all you guys.

Guest MegaloManiac

thanks for the advice guys. although u r jumpin ahead of me lol. i think i'll start with a coldair intake and then go from there...

i hope i land that programmin job after i graduate, it will help me a lot with the finanicial portion. i may come crosscountry for the sponsorship...lol

Guest MegaloManiac

MegaLow, if you were local, or wanted to take the road trip, I would sponsor the dyno time so you could see the before and after of the mods.  Especially the header and throttle body before/after.

if i were to pony up 3gs for the performance mods & drive to cali...How long would it take to install, tune & tested?

Guest MegaloManiac

If your in Dallas, I know some great shops down there that can do this.  There's really no need for the road trip.  I'm happy to answer any questions you have though.

let me know, i dont live exactly in dallas i live in a town called The Colony, so im in the DFW metroplex.

:hj:

Interesting...I didn't know you lived in the DFW area.  I travel down that way all the time for work and it looks like i'll be head'n down that way again here pretty soon. I work for a clothing company, so we are always doing shows in the convention center...

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD