Second Skin Audio

Two 15 Bl>one 18 Btl For Spl?

solo z

this is for a friends 02' impala....ive tried using the search function but searching on this forum really sucks being that you cant look anything under four letters so you can imagine how much information is popping up for a BL or BTL. :rolleyes:

i understand its "all in the build" but overally which one would be louder? I think SQ/SPL would better with 2 15BLs over 18btl, his main concern is LOUD and thinks otherwise. His trunk is similiar to mines so lets say max space around 6.5cu ft? He's already aware of beefing up his electricals and wants to throw around 3000rms with either setup.

And is there a trick for searching for information on Fi products other than looking page by page in this forum? :blink:

Thanx in advance!

that rms will work fine with either of the set-up. imo, i think the 2 15" bl's will be just as loud as that 18" btl. also, the 15"s will have more cone area.

theres a Fi car audio page on this site under mfg zone.

if the build is done correctly, you can get mid 140's with that.

127702-1.jpg

kinetik-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpgRockford_Logo-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1--2.jpg

i would say the 15's.

more cone area two 15=353.4292 one 18= 254.469 got this info from the meca car audio.

and the two 15's will be able to use that power more effecently then the one 18 i would think

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

wow! lol never looked that far down thanks for that one....do you think it will out do the BTL in a decent amount of DBs due to the extra cone area? i guess he figure mechanically the BTL would be the better suited for handling the full 3000rms? ive heard of people going over the rated for thw Q and BL series with clean power so i didnt think it would be much concern....would the sound quality be noticably better with the BLs? never heard a BL in person

EDIT: off the head does anyone know how much the 15" BL weigh? its not listed on Fi's site

Guest Powered By Hate
my single BTL 18 does a 145.4 with voltage drop into the 10s and only 2200rms.

still sounds great on just about every genre of music. i typically listen to rap and love the sound of the sub.

Why Fi? :unknw:

Why Fi? :unknw:

well im sure my friend is going Fi because i am :drunk: but honestly i decided Fi because i want to be different and its a proven product at a VERY reasonable price. I want people to hear my system ask what i have and be able to say "Fi" to see the look on there face! had L7s and trying to stay away from main lines this time

well im sure my friend is going Fi because i am :drunk: but honestly i decided Fi because i want to be different and its a proven product at a VERY reasonable price. I want people to hear my system ask what i have and be able to say "Fi" to see the look on there face! had L7s and trying to stay away from main lines this time

x2, I have been into car audio since the mid 80's and I have always had to put up with someone telling me RF, Kicker, JL, MTX, and many others (many of which I have owned) are the top dawgs, Well I wanted something that not everone else has and something that when I pull up next to you, I can not only be louder than you but I didn't have to sell my kids college money to do it. Oh yeah for whoever asked, they weigh around 30 lbs.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

Archived