Sundown Audio

Crunch Gp3000d Pro. With Maxxlink Questions.

ROBERT 04XBLZ

Absolutely bills. You more than likely see less box rise if you were to run one amp per sub. I tested this in my case and this is what I got. I had a single Crunch GP3000D running at 1 ohm nominal. When I would play a burp and get my power readings I would calculate for impedence rise and would get a reactive load of 3.88 ohms and the power output was only at 1900 watts. Now I have 2 Sundown 1500d's and they are wired each at .5 ohms. So you see the option of wiring lower right off the start because instead of having my one amp at 1 ohm I can run each amp at .5 which will produce more power right away. Anyway back to the amps are at .5 ohms nominal and when they are burped and rise is calculated they are at 1.45 ohms each. Thus each amp is producing 2000 watts a piece rather than one amp producing 1900 watts by itself.

Now in your case this is how that would work and this is just an example and the real numbers may be different. Now let's say that you strap the amps at 2 ohms like you wanted to. You are going to get a bit more efficiency at a higher ohm load but you will still have the rise effecting the power output. So at 2 ohms nominal let's say when burped you see something like 5.4 ohms reactive. Usually impedence rise follows in doubles such as 1 ohm, 2 ohms, 4 ohms, 8 ohms... So 5.4 is being a bit generous but it's just an example. Now the amps are capable of 6K at 2 ohms strapped and that's without any rise at all. At 5.4 ohms you would probably make in the 3000 watt or so range give or take a few watts. Now you move on to running a single amp per sub with the gains matched and you have each amp at a 1 ohm nominal load. You play a burp and calculate rise and if it carries the same trend as before you will be close to 4 ohms on each amp. But as I stated before with my single GP3000 it made 1900 watts at 3.88 ohms so I would expect the same amount of power or a bit more if you have a decent electrical system to help them out. So right off the bat in power you've went up from 3K to 3800 watts increasing spl by just choosing to wire different.

I can't guarentee the amount of power you will make because I just made up numbers to give an example, but in my case and the case of several others by running a single amp per sub instead of strapping them has resulted in louder bass and higher spl scores. It's something for you to think about and you have the option of wiring it both ways and putting it on a spl meter and seeing which one is actually louder. Sorry about the book, but I had to try and explain it all.

not a problem id rather someone write a lot than to answer with a couple words like google or search button. thanks. im just going to wire them seperate then. saves me money now too lol.

My New Build checklist:

(3) 18'' btl fully loaded d2

well i have two btls d2. so i would have to wire it at 2ohm? this will be the first time i strap amps. if you or anyone can explain to me how it works?

2ohms strapped means 1ohm per amp.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

ya, you probly could. but you don't want to. cause that would be the same as running two amps at .25 ohms. and think about this for how to figure out how you can tell what each amp sees. ok. 2 ohms straped, each amp is seeing 1 ohm. so if your amps are 1 ohm stable your ok. just cut everything in half. and having an amp at .25 ohms. you should only be burping and still its not even close to safe. because with that you pull a lot of current. hope that made sense. haha

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

ya, you probly could. but you don't want to. cause that would be the same as running two amps at .25 ohms. and think about this for how to figure out how you can tell what each amp sees. ok. 2 ohms straped, each amp is seeing 1 ohm. so if your amps are 1 ohm stable your ok. just cut everything in half. and having an amp at .25 ohms. you should only be burping and still its not even close to safe. because with that you pull a lot of current. hope that made sense. haha

Bills

so if i was to wire my subs where they would be at .5ohm. each amp would see .25? then if i was to wire them to 2ohm then each amp would see 1 ohm? hmm. now i have a question on the purpose of the maxxlink. these amps have a master slave option. would i need the maxxlink?

My New Build checklist:

(3) 18'' btl fully loaded d2

so if i was to wire my subs where they would be at .5ohm. each amp would see .25? then if i was to wire them to 2ohm then each amp would see 1 ohm? hmm. now i have a question on the purpose of the maxxlink. these amps have a master slave option. would i need the maxxlink?

I don't know. i have never ran a masterslave optiion. my gues would be know because you would use the master amp to control the master and the slave. but i'm not sure. i've never used the option. haha

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain