Jump to content

Got A New Midrange Speaker


BAGGEDBIRDS.com

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am going full active and just picked up some DLS UR2.5 midrange speakers. I will be putting these in the A pillar some how with my Quart tweets I already had. I went to the junk yard the other day to get rid of my kickpanel mounted 5.25 mids for these DLS mids. I also picked up new A pillars to build the pods. I will do some listening before I actually get them build-in.

$25 for all of this from pick-a-part

100_4107.jpg

the DLS goodness right here

100_4167.jpg

100_4168.jpg

100_4170.jpg

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

Posted

nice.

good thing they give you a choice on the grilles that big dome one is ugly as hell IMO

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Posted
nice.

good thing they give you a choice on the grilles that big dome one is ugly as hell IMO

I hear ya. the only reason I would consider keeping them is if I had the whole set and they all matched.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

Posted

Fantastic mids. My friend has the UR 3-way setup in his car with that mid (pretty sure it's that one)

My one negative observation would be that the off-axis performance seemed to lack a bit. Make sure you try them directly on-axis before deciding on a mounting angle.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 971 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...