Battery/alt Question

when i get back from overseas deployment i am going to upgrade to two batts. i already upgraded the wiring to 0 gauge. what i plan to do now is upgrade to a second battery possibly kinetik 1400. i will keep my starter batt which is a optima yellowtop. i know having a high output alt is good but i'm only running memphis mch1300 on two twelves @1ohm and two sets of components.this is in a 2003 ford escape; also i'm not lookin to compete or put up any set of numbers but i do want to keep my amp from smokin cause i do play it hard somtimes. i am very careful with my stuff so abuse isn't an issue. do you guys think i'll be ok without havin to buy the alt?

when i get back from overseas deployment i am going to upgrade to two batts. i already upgraded the wiring to 0 gauge. what i plan to do now is upgrade to a second battery possibly kinetik 1400. i will keep my starter batt which is a optima yellowtop. i know having a high output alt is good but i'm only running memphis mch1300 on two twelves @1ohm and two sets of components.this is in a 2003 ford escape; also i'm not lookin to compete or put up any set of numbers but i do want to keep my amp from smokin cause i do play it hard somtimes. i am very careful with my stuff so abuse isn't an issue. do you guys think i'll be ok without havin to buy the alt?

i think you will be okay. just do the BIG 3 and if you get a little dimming after that invest in the MLA mod

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

do you have a distributor?

and damn at a shop in my area the wire is 8$ per foot of 0ga..thats bs lol

2001 Black Monte Carlo SS chrome 20''

(1) Alpine i-9881 deck-ipod-

(2) DC lvl 4XL 18''s-Walled-

(1) DAT Hellfire - 2500.1-fused-

(1) D3400 XS Power battery-fused-

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

(1) DC POWER ALT INSTALLED BY ROB FTW,Big3

(1) Viper 5901 Alarm + killer yorkies and chihuahas

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

bass in this city, i look out the window and its my mom bumping Gorilla Zoe

Archived