Mother Board Question

Ok i know a little about computers, but not much. My dad gave me his old computer that he hasn't used in 2 years, He used it to do gaming on butthe hard drive has way to many viruses on it so i cant to get a new one. It has a nVidia 2 processor on an ABIT NF7 motherboard. All i would use it for would be to search the web and IM and stuff, no gaming over here. I would like to know if this board is even woth trying to put a new hard drive in? Just remeber i got it for free, not looking to get a new computer. I was thinking about putting a 500 gb hard drive on it(since i can get one for $80).

Thanks, Scott

P.S.

Wat is the max ram that the board can handle also if anyone knows.?

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Dude, you need to clear up what you are trying to figure out. There are NVIDIA video cards/GPU's but not CPU's. What is the exact model number of the mother board? Why do you need 500gb? What is your goal with this thing and last but not least, is it a brand name computer and if so what brand/ model?

you can always reinstall XP, Vista etc on it. wipe the harddrive then reinstall OS and youll be back and up running again.

X2 on that. It only takes about 50 min.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

Sorry about the confusion. I guess I don't know as much as I thought. I don't live with my dad, so I have to get in touch with him. From opening up the computer it has an ABIT NF7 V2.0 board. It has a chip on it that says nVidia n force 2 on it. http://www.devhardware.com/c/a/Motherboards/ABIT-NF7-S-V2-0/ looks like the mother board that's in it.) Now that I think about it, I believe that it has a Pentium 4 processor. He bought it for gamming back in the day, but downloaded a bunch of viruses. He asked me to destroy the hard drive, and so I did, that is why I need a new hard drive. 500 GB cause I have some music and DVD's that I would like to put on the computer. Wont take up all of it at first, but will eventually. It will pretty much be a storage device for my music and DVD's, and go on the internet, no gaming.

It is also not a name brand computer(dell, Gateway,...). He had someone else build it for him.

Hope this explains the questions.

Edit:link works now

Edited by blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

TTT

this sux camel dicks

The nForce 2 is the chipset. The processor will probably be an AMD Duron or Athlon XP (nforce2 never supported Intel)

Fortunately it has a couple of SATA ports so you can buy just about any hard drive and connect it up, as long as your power supply has the right connector - if not, there are adapters you can buy.

Don't bother trying to install Vista on it, it will run like utter shit. Get Windows XP.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

The nForce 2 is the chipset. The processor will probably be an AMD Duron or Athlon XP (nforce2 never supported Intel)

Fortunately it has a couple of SATA ports so you can buy just about any hard drive and connect it up, as long as your power supply has the right connector - if not, there are adapters you can buy.

Don't bother trying to install Vista on it, it will run like utter shit. Get Windows XP.

Ok thanks for the reply. Thats wat i will do then. YEa its been so long that he has even fired it up, he doesnt rember wat kind of processor it has. Ill see how it goes tomorrow.

Also i was going to put xp on it, i have a dell with vista and i really hate it.

this sux camel dicks