Is A Secondary Battery Necessary

i want to push 4 kicker cvr 12's with a 4000watt power acoustik amp, pushing 425 watts rms to each at 2 ohm,

if i do the big 3 under the hood and put a 250 amp alternator in will i still need a second battery? or could i just get away with the big alternator.. and i will only be pushin maybe 2100 watts rms

i want to push 4 kicker cvr 12's with a 4000watt power acoustik amp, pushing 425 watts rms to each at 2 ohm,

if i do the big 3 under the hood and put a 250 amp alternator in will i still need a second battery? or could i just get away with the big alternator.. and i will only be pushin maybe 2100 watts rms

id say u need 2+ more batts for 2100 rms...but im a noob so get more replies befor listening to me =p

2001 Black Monte Carlo SS chrome 20''

(1) Alpine i-9881 deck-ipod-

(2) DC lvl 4XL 18''s-Walled-

(1) DAT Hellfire - 2500.1-fused-

(1) D3400 XS Power battery-fused-

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

(1) DC POWER ALT INSTALLED BY ROB FTW,Big3

(1) Viper 5901 Alarm + killer yorkies and chihuahas

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

bass in this city, i look out the window and its my mom bumping Gorilla Zoe

id say u need 2+ more batts for 2100 rms...but im a noob so get more replies befor listening to me =p

yea im in the same boat (noobish) but i know one word u wont hear about ur electrical is OVERKILL it wouldent hurt to throw some batts in the back lol

starting fresh, chrysler 300.. no subs amp nothin

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

damn i was hopin i could slide by.. i wanted to get some other opinions, i dont know how to wire the second battery in, so i didnt want to mess with one.. i was hopin to slide with just a giant battery in the front, and a big capacitor in the back.. does anybody think that would be possible?

damn i was hopin i could slide by.. i wanted to get some other opinions, i dont know how to wire the second battery in, so i didnt want to mess with one.. i was hopin to slide with just a giant battery in the front, and a big capacitor in the back.. does anybody think that would be possible?

im pretty sure u just have runs of 1/0g from pos under hood to postive in back then to the amp .. and dont forget fuses

Edited by GORILLAslap

starting fresh, chrysler 300.. no subs amp nothin

I NEED HELP looking to purchase saz-1500d and 15" 1000rms subREFS- feedback/refs.. click!

with a decent batt up front, and a good 250a alt, yea'll be fine

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

what size batt can you fit... I would do a hc2400 or the biggest you can get in there

*1) AudioQue 20k

im not sure what size i can fit, but i was just lookin at that battery actually, i will take a look at how much space i got to work with.. ill try to figure something out to get that battery.. thanks for your help.. i didnt want to build the system without knowing i could do it on 1 battery.. and so i should go 250 amp alt as well?

I would batts only give you power for short term, what happens when the batts die? alt has to keep up with your draw

*1) AudioQue 20k