Sonic Electronix

Can anyone tell anything about OEM integration? Like what wires to use and not to use? Anything that can be very beneficial to me. Cuz I about to hook up my friend's Acura CL and I don't want to put a new stereo unless he wants it. And I also want to integrate my mom's Sunfire with a lil umph in her ride. Thanks

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007

its usually the same price or cheaper to get a new hu than do oem integration plus a new hu will sound better by a bit.

oem integration is usually meant for cars like your friends acura cl or cars where its impractical to remove the oem system like cars with navi and such

just my 2 cents be more specific on what you want us to explain tho

Yea, I'd recommend an RF 360 or a JL cleansweep.  I think the JL is a bit cheaper, but both will suit your purposes.  Theyre more expensive than any basic h/u, but I like the stock look in a lot of cases.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

its usually the same price or cheaper to get a new hu than do oem integration plus a new hu will sound better by a bit.

oem integration is usually meant for cars like your friends acura cl or cars where its impractical to remove the oem system like cars with navi and such

just my 2 cents be more specific on what you want us to explain tho

Ok with that being said. What wires would I need to use in order to hook up the basic shit like external amp, bypass the OEM amp and shit of that nature. I just need anything just to give me a basic idea of whats being done.

with a 360, you just plug the speaker wires coming out of your stock h/u into it, and then you have rca outputs to plug your amps into.  its real self-explanatory, i definitely plan on running one in my next system plans.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

If you have to ask then you shouldn't even try.

Period.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

If you have to ask then you shouldn't even try.

Period.

See the reason why I asked because I'm so used to learning how to do aftermarket setups that I never actually learned how to do systems using the stock radio. Most of my learning came from car audio magazines and car manuals that I buy from Autozone and other auto stores just to learn the schematics of different cars.