Second Skin Audio

Spl Out Of A Camaro? Only To Work With 4cubes?

solo z

Another question for one of my car club members :-). His car is sitting at a audio shop right now being deadned and they told him they can get 4cubes out of his hatch area. What do you guys suggest for a spl setup with such limited space? He's a kicker man, he wanted to go with 2 15l7's sealed but I'm not sure if 2cubes each is enough room for those u think? Would one ported 15BTL fit 4cubes before displacement? I havnt heard the 12"version but I doubt it could beat 2 15l7's in spl sealed or not?? I don't think a pair of sealed Q's will. compare? Input u guys?

I would do a bandpass, in the bottom drop, I think there is about 2 cubes there, I would seal the sub there, and do a large port firing up, tuned high like 60ish hz, and just mess with tunning, etc from that point, I know kind of hard to explain, but just a high tuned SPL bandpass. Subs- In a bandpass of that size, I would go L7, if you went FI, just seal up the whole bottom, use up all that airspace and do BTL or something in that range

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

What year the camaro?

2006 Dodge Magnum

Excelon KVT-819dvd

Rockford Symmetry EPX2

6 Kicker CVX 10's

2 Rockford T8002

1 Rockford T8004

15" Overhead

Old school Quart Q's

2 Yellow tops

Rockford CPSR

Rockford 50 Farad

Rollin 22's

Forever bumpin - Uuhhh....I think i just had a brain fart trying to figure how that would look lol not really familiar with bandpass,so your saying 2 l7s in a bandpass box? We will have to see if the shop has enough experience with bandpass...its especialy hard dealing with the weird shape of that hatch.

dbdrg - its a 2000 SS/m6

I thought the one BTL ported would provide more spl also but I heard the 12btl doesn't hit the lows very well. Would the 15" be to big for. 4cubed enclosure?

• 2 weeks later...
Forever bumpin - Uuhhh....I think i just had a brain fart trying to figure how that would look lol not really familiar with bandpass,so your saying 2 l7s in a bandpass box? We will have to see if the shop has enough experience with bandpass...its especialy hard dealing with the weird shape of that hatch.

dbdrg - its a 2000 SS/m6

I thought the one BTL ported would provide more spl also but I heard the 12btl doesn't hit the lows very well. Would the 15" be to big for. 4cubed enclosure?

You obviously heard from someone who did a crappy install. My 12 inch btl destroys the lows.

07 Toyota FJ Cruiser

2 18 inch 08 Fi Btl's

2 SAZ-3000D

2 Alpine MRP-F300 Highs amp

3 Pairs of Alpine SPS-69C3 Highs

Kinetic Hc 2400,1400,& 3800

250 amp Mechman Alt

Alpine IXA W-404 H/U

SPL out of Camaro is a bitch!!! Don't get me wrong it'll slump but, put up some numbers kind hard. Especially if you gonna try to stay in the hatch part. Here are some other threads. i hope to have a build thread some where by this summer.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;#entry514510

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=7965&hl=

SPL out of Camaro is a bitch!!! Don't get me wrong it'll slump but, put up some numbers kind hard. Especially if you gonna try to stay in the hatch part. Here are some other threads. i hope to have a build thread some where by this summer.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;#entry514510

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=7965&hl=

i hope its a better build thread than your door pod thread. :rofl::P:D

smdsig2.jpg

Archived