Second Skin Audio

45s Vs. Curves In Poretd Box

heard that oh and wow im sorry you dont like caps lock mayby you should go tell some one who cares STEPHEN C or MYOFB

must be nice huh

So nobody has answered my question accurately. Has anybody really experienced the difference? Logically it makes sense, but on-paper is never the same as real-life.

45s go into 90 degree corners.

Obviously. But so can a quarter circle from sonotube.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

For my rounded corners I use playdoh and resin.

1975 Oldsmobile Omega SalonStill Under ConstructionTeam Sound QubedTeam H-O Alternators / Team Kinetik AudioR.I.P Team US Amps

WHOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HOLD THE FUCK UP!!! I know your honey bun smugglin ass aint talking shit!

So nobody has answered my question accurately. Has anybody really experienced the difference? Logically it makes sense, but on-paper is never the same as real-life.

Obviously. But so can a quarter circle from sonotube.

reread your original question genius...using a 45 in the corner of a right angle port is 90 degrees. You make no sense.

reread your original question genius...using a 45 in the corner of a right angle port is 90 degrees. You make no sense.

A 45 degree insert to a 90 degree corner gives three surfaces for sound waves to bounce off of creating a "smoother" reflection because it's more than two, where as a quarter circle gives infinite sides to bounce off of. It would only make sense that it would be smoother, I just wanted info from the experts on the contrast of performance \. Read any calculus book about limits and you'll see what I mean.

You are obviously not an expert, so please don't post here.

Here's something I've been wondering. If the 45s in a ported box are meant to allow waves to travel smoother, wouldn't 90 degree curves essentially accomplish that better (i.e. curved joints)?

kthx

[email protected]

Both work fine.

You won't be able to hear an audible difference.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

Both work fine.

You won't be able to hear an audible difference.

Ok. Well how about on the meter?

[email protected]

yea im debatin if i wanna put in rounded corners or just do 45s in my t line. i think with the like 5 bends it really might help.

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

A 45 degree insert to a 90 degree corner gives three surfaces for sound waves to bounce off of creating a "smoother" reflection because it's more than two, where as a quarter circle gives infinite sides to bounce off of. It would only make sense that it would be smoother, I just wanted info from the experts on the contrast of performance \. Read any calculus book about limits and you'll see what I mean.

You are obviously not an expert, so please don't post here.

kthx

I'd say quite trying to save yourself...your statement about 90 degrees has nothing to do with limits and curves...its a 90 bend whether its a curve or a 45. doesn't matter. you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.