Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer Buget Build (last Question Need Help)

No, I think you're confused as to which wiring harness you're asking about aren't you?

Every H/U comes with a wiring harness that comes from the plug on the back to wires, however are you asking about the harness that will connect into the factory radio harness? If so then no, you will have to buy a specific one for the car, then you will wire the two harnesses together yourself and they will go between the H/U and stock radio plug.

i was talking about the one from the back of a head unit. i was just going to cut the old one out and solder the new one in.

Isn't that what everyone else does?

Edited by kkiiaann33

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

Dude, I would not recommend doing that soldering job. Thats asking for a fire hazard back in there unless you do it completely proper.

DO the DC, with some 4 gauge, buy a wiring harness and convince the kid into a custom box and not a prefab and call it a day.

Dude, I would not recommend doing that soldering job. Thats asking for a fire hazard back in there unless you do it completely proper.

DO the DC, with some 4 gauge, buy a wiring harness and convince the kid into a custom box and not a prefab and call it a day.

What can go wrong with electric soldering and electrical tape? is it better to crimp the wires?

i'll see what i can do about the box.

Edited by kkiiaann33

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

yeah, thats what I use, its much easier than just cutting the factory plug off the factory harness.

i'll get it then.

still trying to convince the kid for a custom built box and telling him that the box's on ebay wont hold up for the sub woofer he's getting.

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

Yeah I just got a level 3 and I bet after a while it would just tare up a poorly made prefab box. Also if he gets a custom box it will sound way better and be a lot stronger.

Oh come on its just a little level 3. No offense to DC but with the amp he's running with a pre-fab I see no problems. But like everyone else says, make the box don't go pre-fab. There are some 'Quality' pre-fabs out there. Look into Ground Shaker boxes at woofersetc.com.

That is if you have to go with a pre-made.

Derp.