Second Skin Audio

Subs Voice Coils Different Pics

i have 2 18" treo ssx subs same model but a year apart but look at the spring connectors they are different form sub 1 to sub 2 and thet are duel 2 when i read the coils with a dmm i get 2.3 on all coils but when i wire them all together all+ and all- to get a .5ohm load it reads 1.2 im like wtf so can anyone help on thism_7946d07a8dcc4f53b7dd78d1d6d96e63.jpgpic1

m_fbc43c65820b4c0688a092b84833cf69.jpgpic2

on the sub in pic2 if i go red to red and black to black it wont play but i can go red black and red and blck and it plays good i bought them used so do you think that previse owner swaped them for some reason and maybe this is the reason for the ohm's reading being wrong

and with a dmm can i go from one coil to the other red to one side and red on the other and if it dont work switch one side to the black and if i get 2ohms will that tell me that the po swapped them for some odd reason

Use a 1.5v battery and some little bits of wire to find out the polarity of the coils. It looks/sounds like they might be backwards on the second sub.

EDIT: Try touching the leads on your DMM together and hold it for 30 seconds to allow the reading to settle. It's possible you have some resistance in your leads that is giving you a funny reading.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Use a 1.5v battery and some little bits of wire to find out the polarity of the coils. It looks/sounds like they might be backwards on the second sub.

EDIT: Try touching the leads on your DMM together and hold it for 30 seconds to allow the reading to settle. It's possible you have some resistance in your leads that is giving you a funny reading.

how do i do the batt 1.5 volt + and - plus side of batt to sub + and - side of batt to - on the sub and what do i look for

hook up some speaker wire to the terminal, and then touch pos to the pos on batt and neg to neg on batt, i assume thats what they are talking about, and see if the sub jumps alittle bit..

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones