Second Skin Audio

New Box For 2 15" Btls

Braingetter

OK , to simplify this I am not a pro on vented boxes yet, still learning, but I am having conflicting calculations on different programs..

I use the re calculator and with my specs of 40w x17hx 32 top d & 35 bottom depth, port 4 inches wide x 15.5 high, it comes to 20.17 hz @ 9.76 cu. ft .. that is no bueno, I need it at 36.92hz..

so I go to the12volt.com and input this info for port length to achieve 36hz, it says 6.06 inches for port length..

going to mobileinformationlabs.com- it's calculator says 4.06 inches..

I'm stuck... I dont wanna built this box tuned to a wrong freq, anyone can help a bro out I would appreciate it..

roscoe where ya at homie??? lol

BTW, it is for my sls, re-doing the trunk again and am using 2- zx 2500's for 2 btl's..

Since the amps don't have a master-slave option, would it be better to seperate and divide the port chamber into the middle so they don't share the same enclosure???

I no longer live by tha sword, I'm living tha good life cuz I live it for the Lord. God is good, all tha time...

i use nearly 60sqin for 2 12s

re calc doesnt take into account the displacement of the subs used

so in ur case, it thinks the box is .52cuft larger than it will be, this will raise tuning and lower volume and cause the inaccuracy...

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived