Putting A Memphis 12' Into Home Stereo

i have 1 memphis 12' that i want to put into my home theatre, i have run into a bit of a problem, the receiver i have has 1 rca going to the sub and the sub is separately powered. i dont have any other amps besides my shelf stereo, which has an aux in.. it puts out 80 watts rms which is just enough to run my sub louder than the one i got, can i create a crossover that uses the speaker wires themselves instead of the rca..

or should i just do a crossover on the aux into the stereo and push it that way?

just lookin for some idea's of what the best way to go about this, i would prefer to make something custom, since i am on a budget

• 2 weeks later...
i have 1 memphis 12' that i want to put into my home theatre, i have run into a bit of a problem, the receiver i have has 1 rca going to the sub and the sub is separately powered. i dont have any other amps besides my shelf stereo, which has an aux in.. it puts out 80 watts rms which is just enough to run my sub louder than the one i got, can i create a crossover that uses the speaker wires themselves instead of the rca..

or should i just do a crossover on the aux into the stereo and push it that way?

just lookin for some idea's of what the best way to go about this, i would prefer to make something custom, since i am on a budget

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Archived