you built the box to fit so tight into the front of the trunk it may stop some of the pressure waves from reaching the front of the car. this causes really loud to equal losso rattle.

-Drew

way to steal my thunder... :8)

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

well i went out and boxed the box out a little away from the back of the seats and i didnt really notice an differnce in the bass for whatever reason. but im wondering now.. because i am putting bigger ports in. that since the box is like to smaller boxes together are the ports gonna be screwed up if there is a wall right behind them instead of being open inside the whole box. dont know if that made sense

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/b...12/SDC10113.jpg

that pix shows the ledge between the two boxes, does it matter that the ports are directly facing that?

well i went out and boxed the box out a little away from the back of the seats and i didnt really notice an differnce in the bass for whatever reason. but im wondering now.. because i am putting bigger ports in. that since the box is like to smaller boxes together are the ports gonna be screwed up if there is a wall right behind them instead of being open inside the whole box. dont know if that made sense

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/b...12/SDC10113.jpg

that pix shows the ledge between the two boxes, does it matter that the ports are directly facing that?

your suppose to leave how ever many inches your port or ports in diameter are away from any obstruction, say you are using a 6" port, try to leave 6" from the end of the port unobstructed if you can, unless it will mess up your tunning but the more the better

Edited by TCA1689

6*12=72sqin.... minimum for slot port

u have

2*12.56=25.13sqin...

u need 2 more 4" ports to have enough port surface area when using aero ports

add another piece of mdf the same size as the front (where the subs mount)... u likely have flex since there is no bracing... so that will help with distributing the weight (~70lbs) and make the box stronger

personally, id make another box

slot port... with bracing... and if you have to make a section smaller, try to eliminate all 90 degree angles

like this... pardon how crude... took seconds.. maybe not that big of 45s but u get the idea... much more efficient

example.jpg

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg