RollTide Posted January 15, 2009 Report Posted January 15, 2009 does anyone have any experience or review of these at all. im just wondering im tryin 2 narrow down my choices on comp. sets
15VmaxXL Posted January 16, 2009 Report Posted January 16, 2009 Anyone? Kinda curious.... http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Kicker-KS-6...roductDetail.do like these.... sold everything
fragviper Posted January 24, 2009 Report Posted January 24, 2009 Anyone? Kinda curious....http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Kicker-KS-6...roductDetail.do like these.... I actually have these in the rear deck of my 93' Toyota Corolla, and they thump! They are very loud, even though I don't have an amp, so if you run them off just a head unit then don't expect much. I can't crank them up as loud as I would wish, but I don't have a sub either so, that's where the distortion comes in. But as far as SQ goes, they are okay, Polk makes a better SQ speaker, but if you're looking for some rich bassy speakers these will do the job great.
devsmazduh Posted January 24, 2009 Report Posted January 24, 2009 I actually have these in the rear deck of my 93' Toyota Corolla, and they thump! They are very loud, even though I don't have an amp, so if you run them off just a head unit then don't expect much. I can't crank them up as loud as I would wish, but I don't have a sub either so, that's where the distortion comes in. But as far as SQ goes, they are okay, Polk makes a better SQ speaker, but if you're looking for some rich bassy speakers these will do the job great. what? no amp? what are you smoking? ill cut out yo eyelids and give ya nothin but sleeping pills...
Nightshade Posted January 25, 2009 Report Posted January 25, 2009 I have the 05 RS65.2's in my car off of a Cerwin Vega EXL400.4 I'm only running two channles off of the amp right now and the comps are getting around 100 watts per side. They sound great and are very loud, however, they don't quite keep up with almost 150 db and I do believe that I need to add some more speakers to the cabin of the car. The 6 1/2's are the only speakers in the car and they are in the front top of the doors. I plan on adding a 4" comp to the a pillars to bring up the soundstage some. I wish that they also made these comps in a 4" cause I would use them in the pillars. I reccomend them to anyone that is looking for a great comp that sounds awesome. 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
fragviper Posted January 27, 2009 Report Posted January 27, 2009 what? no amp? what are you smoking? I'm 16 years old without a job bro, I'm broke. My HU has a 50watt amp in it and that's enough for me at this moment. I do got a dude that's trying to sell me a 12" Pioneer in an old school 5th order box and some plexi + a 400 watt power acoustics amp for around 180$. But anyways my point is these speakers are pretty nice for anyone starting a system. Can't buy from Circuit City anymore though.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.