Second Skin Audio

Box Ideas?

Jcoleman134

4cuft@38hz/60+sqin port if slot....to make up for low power...

dj usually says ~3.5cuft@37-40hz.... no lower than 3cuft or 35hz

aeros should get louder if doing external

DJ's box specs are for the RMS of his woofer. hes not sitting there promoting running over RMS on them. hes putting 1k rms on the sub you dont need to compensate for "low power " as you call it

dj also said he created the aq3500d around a pair of hdc3's (aluminum albeit)

so thats 1750w per sub(copper is happy with 1500w)... instead of listening to you james, maybe he should ask the manufactuer

he also said he created the 4 channel AQ4X90 around his comp set, which are rated at 75rms@4ohm yet the amp puts out 90rms@4ohm... so if he built the amp after the comp set, and said it was built around/for the aq comp set... hes fine mentioning his equipment is underrated if you can read between the lines

i know that when i asked dj what to do with 2 hdc312s copper of an aq2200d, he said shoot for 2-2.5cuft, the high end of box size... and i was also concerned about loss of low end being tuned to 38hz, so he also said tuning to 35hz would be the lowest he'd go...

when i asked about 1 hdc315 copper (roughly a month before i asked about the 2 hdc3s 12s to replace my 15" Fi Q, but before i got my Re Sx's), i mentioned i had a box 3.6@32hz and wondered if that would be fine to use, he said in my case, rebuild 3.5-4cuft, 15-16sqin, 35hz lowest tuning

in otherwords... his stuff is fine on rms, but better on more power... and it will help with the efficiency of the enclosure and low end by using the higher end of the scale for box volume

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Yeah awhile ago Dj told me 3.5 to 4cuft at 38 to 40hz. He told me that if I had a trunk car that 3.5 would be best to make sure that the air pressure can still get into the car other than floating around in the trunk. Now if I do external port the box should be smaller. I'm just not too sure how small. And tuning it to 38 to 40 i'm worried about loosing the low end. Because im more of a low end guy

he said in my case, rebuild 3.5-4cuft, 15-16sqin, 35hz lowest tuning

i have a grand am... so this applied to me too

if you have a big trunk u can do more than 4cuft... but i wont, thats as big as i can without restricting air... unless you cut out the rear deck

dj said tuning to 35 should get down to ~28hz with ease and be verry loud still... thus why at 38-40hz u can still hit 30-34hz with authority... a sacrifice most will make for loudness. but he did say no lower than 35

the box still needs to be 3.5-4cuft after all displacement including port... so ur right, the internal volume will be smaller since it doesnt include the port, but it still needs 3.5-4cuft after all displacement

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i have a grand am... so this applied to me too

if you have a big trunk u can do more than 4cuft... but i wont, thats as big as i can without restricting air... unless you cut out the rear deck

dj said tuning to 35 should get down to ~28hz with ease and be verry loud still... thus why at 38-40hz u can still hit 30-34hz with authority... a sacrifice most will make for loudness. but he did say no lower than 35

the box still needs to be 3.5-4cuft after all displacement including port... so ur right, the internal volume will be smaller since it doesnt include the port, but it still needs 3.5-4cuft after all displacement

Since the hdc315 can take more then 1k i might try 4cuft at 35. that way i can still get the low end too.

Archived